HELP!!! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP!!!
Monday, September 16, 2013 10:11 AM
clutch pedel goes to floor and doesn't come back up, brake fluid leaking out of inspection hole. if I leave the car sitting awhile the clutch works a few times then does the same thing. slave?

Re: HELP!!!
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:15 AM
Mine did that a long time ago, slave was shot. I could manually pull the clutch pedal back up but itd just go back to the floor. Then i looked underneathe and noticed fluid everywhere.

If you buy a new slave set up, id recommend rockauto or something that is MUCH cheaper than the dealer. Same exact parts/brands/quality. I paid $99 shipped for a brand new 04 slave cylinder (I think it was a Wagner). Dealership at my friends discounted cost was $208. So yeah.

The guy at the time said it was the slave or the master. But he was a complete moron who didnt know what he was doing so I had someone else just put in all new parts. Just make sure everything is properly installed or it'll leak again. Expensive to have a shop replace the clutch system but might be worth it if you have the money and just want it done. I initially didnt do it myself because i didnt have the space to do it and it was my only car, i needed it done. But hind sight, Ill never pay someone else to do my clutch.. $400+ in parts and FREE labor vs $2000+ for parts (that are over priced) and 80% of that cost is labor.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Re: HELP!!!
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:22 AM
Definitely the slave.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search