Is my differential effed??? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is my differential effed???
Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:00 AM
Well I went to the local picknpull and got me a new Isuzu tranny for my cavalier. Got home and late last night in the 30 degree weather out it in. Started the car and I can hear the tranny moving inside but no wheel movement. With weight off the car both wheels move but as soon as I drop it on the ground it just growls.
I figured one axle was just in enough to turn but no more so I tried just each side taking weight off of it. When I left the weight on the driver side wheel there is a clunk and the passenger axle barely more while it seems like it catching on something.
I suspect my differential is done for. I have a speedometer and such.
If in fact it's diff related how difficult is it to just take mine from my recent tranny (synchros were messed up) and throw it in this one?

Re: Is my differential effed???
Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:34 PM
Sounds like it

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:52 PM
Pull the axles out and do a visual inspection. Take some pics and post em.

As far as replacing the diff itself I haven't done one in an isuzu. The getrag ones cost way more to repair then a used trans does from the junkyard but only take a few hours to do once the trans is out assuming you have the proper tools/work area.
Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:00 PM
I have my old Isuzu I'm planning on taking the diff out of which I know they are good
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search