clutch problems - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch problems
Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:40 PM
So last night i started experiencing clutch problems, the clutch is engaging while the clutch pedal is barley off the floor, would this be the clutch going bad? im 99% sure thats what it is, but i dont wnana go out and buy a clutch if its something silly. the clutch fluid is good.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker

Re: clutch problems
Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:44 PM
I would think somethings wrong with the lines, master, or slave cylinder. Let someone else who has more experience with this chime in before you run out to buy parts though.
Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:42 PM
I would start with bleeding the clutch really good.

FU Tuning

Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:12 PM
Search for this on here. "Slave cylinder leaking immediately after replacement". If you have 100k plus miles on it its probably the clutch slave cylinder. Is the fluid black?

FYI: The slave cylinder is in the bell housing so the engine/trans need to be separated. Its easiest to drop the front subframe & then drop the engine/trans as a unit. Set it on a lot of 3 foot 2x4s & bricks & it can be replace under the car, put back together & jacked back up. A weekend job.
Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:01 PM
99.9% of the time when your clutch is wore and going out you engagement will be very high on your peddle swing. I would be looking into a master or your slave cylender. If you fluid is dark bleed it all out with new dot 3 or upgrade to dot 4 higher boiling point.

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:19 PM
cody nobbs wrote:99.9% of the time when your clutch is wore and going out you engagement will be very high on your peddle swing. I would be looking into a master or your slave cylender. If you fluid is dark bleed it all out with new dot 3 or upgrade to dot 4 higher boiling point.

was my slave, all back together and now supercharged well needs tuned yet lol

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search