synchronizer replacement - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
synchronizer replacement
Monday, June 23, 2014 3:48 PM
So ive been searching for hours on a replacement how to for the f23 synchros. Have found nothing as of yet. So my question is, is it a press on press off procedure, or? And is it possible to remove used ones and put on a different shaft with out damaging them?

I Love My J ♡

Re: synchronizer replacement
Friday, July 04, 2014 5:28 PM
Nobody has replaced there synchros before? And im asking about reusing others because the vue trans has a .82 5th over the .69 5th of the m86. I was gonna swap the counter shaft over to my case for first and second. I dont wanna swap output and input shafts because there directly related to 5th gear. Im swapping to the 4:41 fdr, i still want to retain a lowerish highway rpm by keeping my 5th gear. If its more than likly ill damage them trying to remove and reuse then ill just eat it and use all the vue internals. My est. Top speed with redline at 7000rpm with the .82 is 140ish. With the .69 its 170ish. Not that ill ever see 170mph but it would be nice to know i had plenty of topend left if i ever need more than 140mph. Thanks for any responces guys and gals.

I Love My J ♡
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search