Bleeding clutch....but no loss in fluid - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bleeding clutch....but no loss in fluid
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:07 PM
I have bled the clutch on my 2002 Z24. But after a day or two the clutch begins to stick (stay down) and i have to lift it with my foot. Reservoir is still full.

Now first am I bleeding it right?

With the car off, i have a friend pump the clutch then hold. I then loosen the bleed valve and then tighten it back up. Tell him to let go. Then i check the fluid and add some as necessary. Well i did this for about 3 times. Do i need to do it a few more times to fully get the air out? Again the reservoir does not loose fluid so it does not seem i have a leak.

GMR has got nothing on this

Re: Bleeding clutch....but no loss in fluid
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:21 PM
Found this video,

Should work i hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdf--suwqw0

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:18 AM
It takes forever sometimes to get the air out of these. Keep at it and eventually you'll be good to go.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:46 AM
In my opinion, it is absolutely worth it to get a vacuum bleeder, makes life so much easier. Are you actually getting air out the bleeder or are you just getting a little fluid and then all seems well at the time?

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:22 AM
That is what i was hoping to hear. My heart sunk when i thought i was going to have to take everything back out.

When i loosen the bleeder the fluid shoots out strong then stops. So then i tighten it back up.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:42 PM
Does it sound like it is spitting out when when the fluid starts to come out of the bleeder? This would indicate that you are indeed getting air out of the system, not just relieving the system pressure. What I am getting at is if you are not actually getting any air and it is just fluid coming out, it would indicate a faulty clutch master cylinder.

Friday, October 17, 2014 7:20 PM
It does sound like air is coming out but your right it could be the pressure from the system. But it does spit out. I'm going to try it a few more times. Then do what the video suggest.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search