01 cavalier transmission fit 03 cavalier ecotec - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 cavalier transmission fit 03 cavalier ecotec
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:34 AM
Hey guys I have a quick question. Will a 01 cavalier 2.2 5 speed transmission fit a 03 cavalier 2.2 ecotec?

Re: 01 cavalier transmission fit 03 cavalier ecotec
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:23 AM
No. The bell housings are different.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:48 AM
And that bell housing can be swapped to make it work but just know that it's a whole half of the transmission case; not just the bell housing. Of course, you're better off getting the correct trans from a yard unless you happen to have both transmissions and the eco trans case/bell housing is still in good condition.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 10:59 AM
Here's the thing tho, where i stay at all of the junkyards have 02 and earlier cavalier that are 5 speed. But no ecotec cavalier if they do its a auto.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:43 AM
Sucks. Good luck man.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:44 PM
If the 5 speed transmission have a F vin will it still work?
Thursday, December 31, 2015 12:00 PM
Just swap the housings it's not that hard. Check out this video on you tube and you'll be way ahead of the curve...

http://youtu.be/fB0BpZ6Go3I

Also, the input shaft on a cobalt is longer than the one on the cavy just FYI and will either need to be machined down or you will need to use the cavy input shaft, just in case you happen to find a cobalt trans and think that is a 100% direct swap.
It isn't, ask me how I know 😉

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search