96 Cavalier Manual Transmission Gear Swap with 92 GEO Storm - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 Cavalier Manual Transmission Gear Swap with 92 GEO Storm
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site. I have a 96 Cavy and I want to attempt to swap the gears from a 92 Geo Storm into mine. I can only imagine the mess I'm about to get myself in, but I really need this done. Can anyone please advise me on the do's/don'ts and the what to look for if anyone has completed this? Or maybe an existing forum with steps possibly? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Trey

Re: 96 Cavalier Manual Transmission Gear Swap with 92 GEO Storm
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:23 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=41&i=48762&t=48762#48762
here's a link from a write up I did...not an easy job as there are some major differences but it's not impossible

dennis

Trey Cornwell wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site. I have a 96 Cavy and I want to attempt to swap the gears from a 92 Geo Storm into mine. I can only imagine the mess I'm about to get myself in, but I really need this done. Can anyone please advise me on the do's/don'ts and the what to look for if anyone has completed this? Or maybe an existing forum with steps possibly? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Trey

Re: 96 Cavalier Manual Transmission Gear Swap with 92 GEO Storm
Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:02 PM
I remember one of the main benefits was, in the differential, to swap to the spider gears in the older geo because they were machined, and not cast. And are stronger. (Stands up to launches much better)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search