people with centerline storms - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
people with centerline storms
Friday, February 10, 2006 8:15 AM
what lugs do you use? im looking to getting new ones, the cheap ones jegs gave me are allen drive and the crappy chrome finish wont let you get any size standard or metric in there. preferably id like something that uses sockets to turn

15.4 @ 89mph

Re: people with centerline storms
Friday, February 10, 2006 8:28 AM
mcgard spline drive. best lugs ever. expensive but well worth it

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:37 AM
cool thats what i was thinking, do you happen to know what style will fit though, will the tuner style work? also does anyone knowe if these are available in black, if yes where can i buy them thanks for the replies.

15.4 @ 89mph
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:07 AM
yes i got mine in black off of ebay. i know summit racing sells them too. there gonna run you like 80-90 bucks for the lugs. you wanna get 12mm x 1.5mm

Friday, February 10, 2006 1:35 PM
Why do you want them in black with the storms? I think thats going to look like crap, I know I am going with chrome.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, February 10, 2006 2:01 PM
because its my car

15.4 @ 89mph
Friday, February 10, 2006 6:32 PM
Your gonna want to use the acorn/conical seat lug nuts from McGard. The tuner lugs will not correctly torque down because the seat of the wheels and the seat of the lugs nuts have to be the same. This is what is recommended by Centerline and worked best for me. I tried the tuner lugs, and they didn't work for me because the seat of the tuners lugs were basically flat and I wasn't able to get them torqued correctly.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:12 PM
Your right, I know its your car. I'll just wait to see the pics of how your lugs ruin your wheels(looks wise). How much do the 15" storms weigh?

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:57 PM
^^^about 13 lbs. each

Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:49 PM
Quote:

Your right, I know its your car. I'll just wait to see the pics of how your lugs ruin your wheels(looks wise). How much do the 15" storms weigh?
once you actually get the rims and put them on your car youll realize you can barely see the lug nuts they stick so deep inside of the wheel. i plan on powdercoating these rims black after i wear out the yokes, in my opinion shiny wheels look like crap to begin (on my car) with so putting black lugs on it is better than more chrome. i stopped caring about looks when people would hit my car in the parking lot and then leave before i could see what happend, open doors into it, back into it. It gets washed at least once a week and waxed every 2 months i dont like rust, other than that screw it i keep it beater(other than the motor) keeps it sneaky. anyways sorry for the rant and once i learn how to put pictures on here ill post so you can laugh and see what a disgrace it is.

15.4 @ 89mph
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:15 PM
Back from the dead.

Instead of making a new thread. Do you guys think that polished Storms will look good on my white sunfire.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:16 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search