Anyone ever painted '02+ LS Sport Rims? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone ever painted '02+ LS Sport Rims?
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:58 PM
I am looking to see if anyone has painted their LS Sport rims. I am wanting to see how they look painted like a black chrome with the lip left chrome. I have a black '04 LS Sport so any pics would be helpful. Also, what kind of paints did you use, etc...

Re: Anyone ever painted '02+ LS Sport Rims?
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:57 PM
Something like this...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:31 PM
there was some guy who did his on his yellow ls sport but damnit i cant remember his name he went by on here.. its been done tho and looked good to me.. just make sure u get ur wheels rebalanced with the weights put on the back.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:40 PM
Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:there was some guy who did his on his yellow ls sport but damnit i cant remember his name he went by on here.. its been done tho and looked good to me.. just make sure u get ur wheels rebalanced with the weights put on the back.

His username was Rick.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:44 PM
I am not doing it anytime soon, until after I get a drop. And a drop isn't coming until after the supercharger coming this next summer. I was just wanting to see how it looked, just an idea.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:49 PM
Here's his profile. I forgot he had them on his car. I think it looks pretty good. I would like to see them in a darker black with a chrome lip though. Maybe someone else will have it done by the time I get around to it.

Friday, December 01, 2006 4:39 PM
i painted mine black and loved it...i dident do anything special tho...just all black

I <3 3COT3C!

www.IZNTRBL.com
Thursday, January 04, 2007 7:35 PM
^Sorry to bring this back, but what did you use to paint them? And do you have any more pictures? I want mine to be a black chrome and am just wondering what paint to use.

Friday, January 05, 2007 11:23 PM
i did mine with cheap spray paint from walmart to be honest...they held up pretty good all summer untill i slid off the road....but IMO u should just go ahead and have them powder coated....it will last ALOT longer and look nicer...thats what im doing to mine

I <3 3COT3C!

www.IZNTRBL.com
Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:19 AM
I did mine in gunmetal

-Brandon

Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:45 PM
I just posted this like 3 mins ago on another thread...

Duplicolor Wheel Coating. Comes in a spray can...one Can of color and one of clear will do several coats of each on four wheels.

It comes in White, Silver I believe, bronze, and the gunmetal which you see here on the camaro and what he has there.

Its tough as *%^( and super easy. Talking one day project if you know how to paint well.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:20 AM
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:21 AM
oops.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 1:24 PM
^I knew he had them, that's Rick's car and his profile I linked to a few posts from the top.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 2:53 PM
Atk2008 wrote:^I knew he had them, that's Rick's car and his profile I linked to a few posts from the top.

oops x2 lol. Read the post to fast, my mistake.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 1:22 PM
Its cool. I just wish more people would post pics because I know its been done more than a few times...

Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:02 PM

my painted wheels!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 7:32 PM
^YES, dude thats amazing, finally what I want to see. I need more pics asap please. They look perfect on your car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search