pt cruiser wheels on cavalier sedan - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pt cruiser wheels on cavalier sedan
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:47 PM
i also own a pt cruiser gt and had put 18's on it so i put the factory wheels on the wifes cavalier:

17"x6" chrome wheels on in Nexen N5000 215-40-17

~1996 Cavalier LS 2.4L (auto)

Re: pt cruiser wheels on cavalier sedan
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:03 PM
Looks pretty decent! I think it would look better lowered though.

CHECK US OUT @ WWW.FORJCOATING.COM

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:09 PM
With a drop that would look really nice! Still looks good though, just running slightly too short of a tire.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:22 PM
ive thought about the lowering it, but wife wouldnt prolly drive correctly and mess something up. you know what i mean.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:34 PM
Here is a drop on the Eibach Pro-kit I believe. It's only a 1.4" drop so it wouldn't be bad to drive.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 5:13 PM
man that does look good. how much for a kit like that and where to buy? also why did they make the cavalier so darn high.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:30 PM
Is it just me, or do you have a hell of alot of wheel gap???

Te rims are lookin good there, but IMO, with a 2-3 inch drop, id look alot better
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:00 PM
Chrysler rims eh. My girlfriends PT has the Chrome Rim package, It has all options but Turbo actually, so its nice to ride in. But the freakin rims flake. the chrome didn't last GARAGED for 2 years. its only on TWO of them.....pos. anyways...the car has 70,000 miles on it, its an 02, and it burns oil already. I make sure it stays maintained, so it never drops low, but it's bs either way. The car was babied until 65,000 when My girlfriend became the sole driver. I must admit, its a fun little minivan to drive...lol....i drive it a lot, handles decently for what it is (the damn good rubber helps), its a 5spd too....lots of fun there.

I've driven the turbo Cruiser, its a bit faster....a good bit faster......but it was an auto and thats no fun.

They look goof on your car btw, lol.

Every one on this site will tell you to lower you car.... if you want to spend the money go ahead it would look a lot better.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:53 PM
good on your car*

Damn not being premium sucks....I have to stop going month to month and just get the lifetime.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:54 PM
Wouldn't be as much of a 4x4 if you wouldn't have wasted money on the wrong size tires....

Proper tire size is 215/45/17 or 225/45/17, your speedometer is going to be off as well as your odometer....

I miss her^
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 8:22 PM
Rob Weis (RobsCavZ24) wrote:Wouldn't be as much of a 4x4 if you wouldn't have wasted money on the wrong size tires....

Proper tire size is 215/45/17 or 225/45/17, your speedometer is going to be off as well as your odometer....

i wanted 215-45-17, but they didnt have any. he wanted to get rid of some new ones and it was installed $300 for those 215-40-17.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:54 AM
should of left and went to a different place. you can get a deal like for 17s almost anywhere

Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:29 AM
Well I hope she doesn't drive with those in the winter... Cause all Chrysler chrome flake and leak so much from people driving with them in the winter. If she is make sure you wash them everytime it is driven with salt on the roads. It got to the point everytime I saw a Chrysler with chrome come in I would take a lunch if I could.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:42 AM
Nice. I almost went with a silver set of those when I upgraded to 17's a few years ago. I had the 16" PT rims in silver on before. A mild drop would definitely make that a very nice looking car.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you try the 205.50.17's that come on those factory. That size would work fine on a J-body.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:05 PM
i needed tires immediately, couldn't take anymore time off work so i had to get what he had. no time to go back and or order tires. but yeah thanks for the comments.

and the car is garage kept in FL and the chrome is still like new on it.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:52 PM
DROP IT!! haha it will look better..

Sunday, December 16, 2007 8:14 PM
Gimme the cruiser rims for my Limited edition cruiser.... Lmao... I've always wanted 17's instead of the 16's on her now. Oh hell, i'll just throw the cav's 18's on it next summer for laughs.

lookin better bro.

Eibach pro kit with proper tire sizing....

for some reason the green sedan above still looks like its sitting high...

hhm.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 16, 2007 8:18 PM

Sunday, December 16, 2007 9:58 PM
I'd like to see how these pt cruiser wheels would look on a cav.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:41 PM
nice work on that and wow it looks so much freaking better!

i will start saving up for Eibach Pro-kit springs.

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:15 AM
Rob Weis (RobsCavZ24) wrote:Wouldn't be as much of a 4x4 if you wouldn't have wasted money on the wrong size tires....

odometer will be off? really how. cuz last night i think i noticed something werid when i drove down and back to miami should of been 120 miles, and it showed i only drove half that?

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:05 PM
because the tires arent the size the computer thinks they are. computer reads the vss for pulses per mile to get distance traveled. change the tire size, change the pulses per mile. change the pulses per mile, change how far it thinks you've gone. GIGO at its finest.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!

Monday, January 14, 2008 11:13 PM

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:52 AM
never mind i for got i had reset the trip odometer when i got gas on my trip down which explains why i thought i drove half the miles, sorry.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:05 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search