Vibration ? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vibration ?
Friday, May 01, 2009 6:24 PM
Hey Guys...just got new tires a few months back.....I notice when cruising right around 48-52 mph, I get a vibration in my steering wheel. The car also did it with the old tires that were on the car. But am prettty much clueless as to what it could be..thanks

Re: Vibration ?
Friday, May 01, 2009 8:30 PM
U either need your tires balanced or you need an alignment

Friday, May 01, 2009 8:46 PM
Eternal (LuxuryTax) wrote:U either need your tires balanced or you need an alignment

Agreed^^

Quick way to check is to see if any of your weights have peeled off (located on the inside of your rim)

also...
even though your sig shows you have stock z24 rims...
if you so happen to have aftermarket rims with this problem... investing in hub rings is recommended.

Friday, May 01, 2009 10:06 PM
I have the stock wheels....and I dont think its a wheel weight problem because my old tires did it as well.....would this be an alignment issue even though my car drives straight? Or doesnt that mean anything

Saturday, May 02, 2009 8:39 AM
could possible be wheel bearings, I had a rear one do due to an accident and right arround 70-80 kph(somewhere arround your speeds) I was getting a vibration. because it was just one side, it was alot worse when making wide right turns(the left side was bad) than it did right.

could be the balance, even though they are new it does not mean that they were balanced correctly.

or alignment, usually toe being off and causing irregular wear on the shoulders(usually resulting in sounds, but if bad enough could cause vibs)

my 2 cents anyway, I work in a tire shop and these are the likely causes I usually see.

hit the tire shop first cuz they should rebalance them for free if you bought them from them(get the rears checked too)
if it persists and the shop did not find anything odd, then hit a trusted shop(note I said trusted, I have been at shops that will try to convince you that you need something replaced just for the sake of getting cash from you.

I am guessing it is not happening any worse when speeding up or braking?

good luck

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search