Wheel and tire issue - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheel and tire issue
Monday, June 01, 2009 3:57 PM
So I bought these wheels about 2 years ago. They are motegi DP10's (17x7 42mm offset) with Sumitomo HTRZ II tires (225/45-17) Im having a rubbing issue on the front left tire, its basically eating the inside edge of the tire. I felt inside and i cannot feel anything that could be rubbing with the wheel at any angle. Anyone have any ideas. Sorry if i should have put this in the suspension forum, I just dont know what the hell to do.

This tire is effed, like i can see cut cords effed. I have no idea what is causing this. I cant feel it anywhere near the strut so im not sure what to do, and any ideas what could be hitting.

03 Sunfire - Sold.

Re: Wheel and tire issue
Monday, June 01, 2009 8:51 PM
i'd say spacers. but hate them.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Monday, June 01, 2009 9:10 PM
not a bad idea, but i want to figure out what the problem is, i cant feel that anything could be rubbing, but i was hoping someone had a suggestion, possibly something moving when driving. They shouldn't rub with the size and offset i have.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Monday, June 01, 2009 9:11 PM
Thats really weird. Possibly a defective tire? If anything, do a rotation and keep an eye on it.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:04 PM
Its the second tire it has rubbed on the inside. The last one never got this bad, just a small rub inside. Ive felt inside like 3 times and have no idea what it could be hitting.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search