Ultra high perfromance all seasons - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ultra high perfromance all seasons
Thursday, June 04, 2009 9:43 AM
So I am looking for a new set of rubber for my car. Looking for something in the Ultra high performance all season category, the car does get driven in the snow and rain but I might also do some light auto-x with it this summer. On the top of my list is the Bridgestone Potenza RE960A/S Pole position but they are the most expensive so I was also considering the Kumho Ecsta ASX as my second choice followed by the Goodyear Eagle GT and the Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105. I can't find much info on the Hankook but it looks interesting. Th Kumho looks like it would be good in the wet & snow since it looks like it has a lot of sipes in the tread. Just seeing if anyone has any experiance with these tires or maybe another tire you would recommed. I'm not a big fan of continental or pirelli and Michelins are awesome tires but too much money right now. My mom has some Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires on her car and they have been fantastic but they run about 20-30 more per tire then the Bridgestones.

97 Cavalier 2.2 5-speed, 88 Camaro IROC-Z 5.7 auto, 91 Firebird Formula 5.7 auto, 88 Conquest TSi 2.6T 5 speed, 93 Silverado ECSB 5.7 auto, 83 Mazda RX-7

Re: Ultra high perfromance all seasons
Saturday, June 06, 2009 10:10 AM
I've had the Bridgstone Pole Postions A/S and Pilot Sport AS, and I love them both. If you are looking for 18's I have a Pole Postions set that I can take off my SSR's that I'm tryin' to sell if you want to make an offer for tires only. One has been patched and most of them have some side wall rub that you can mount the tires on the opp sides to show perfect sidewalls. I never had problems with rub, but the person that stole them did on some car that I never saw. I also have two cupped PS A/S that where off a customers car a while back that I can get the one back that could be sold for cheap with good amount of tire left. All the tires are 225/40/18's If I had to pick I like the Bridgstone's the best I think cause of the price and overall feel.

Sunday, June 07, 2009 7:04 AM
I just upgraded from some falken ziex to those pole positions and I am so happy I went out and spent the extra money. Of course I just got them so they haven't seen much rain/snow but I'm loving them now in the summertime. For all-season tires they are so grippy. I would definitely recommend them, I couldn't be happier with what they are doin for me so far this summer.

Monday, June 08, 2009 10:31 AM
Cost Effective: Falken Ziex 512, Kumho Ecsta ASX - I've had both. Both are great for the dollar.

Also look into Yokohamas and Dunlops. They make great tyres too.

note: I would just get good summers, and look for 4 steelies with snowies on them. Should be able to find a set for about $100-150.
It'll be better for your performance tyres in the long run.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search