Colored lugnuts - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Colored lugnuts
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:06 PM
I love the look of my car, but the black and white is getting kinda old to me. I can't afford to paint the thing, so i am trying to figure out other ways to add color.

How do you guys think a set of red spline drives would look with my car. keep in mind, the wheels are machined and gloss black, and the center cap does have a bit of red in it. You can kinda see what i mean in my sig. other wise here is a pic or two

Re: Colored lugnuts
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 4:01 PM
red splines would look good if u had red calipers i gues im not sure if itd flow that good with black ones an they do loose there color over time
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:09 AM
if i were you, i'd leave them as they are.. looks good
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:41 AM
the wheel/tire combo with the wilwoods are tits, IMO

awesome car overall, I wouldnt even bother with the red splines, if I were you. Unless you have a little more red going on, the black and white by itself is classy as hell.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 8:35 AM
google is ur friend
Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:24 AM
do purple!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:52 PM
im now thinking of just doing black. i think it would make it look a lot better.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:39 PM
Hmmmm, maybe these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N-MUTEKI-SR48-LUG-NUTS-CHEVROLET-12X1-5-M12-1-5-NEO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aCavalierQQitemZ180539862791QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccess ories

I have them in titanium, but there is nothing wrong with a little color. Spice it up a bit, if you don't like it, do something different. It's no fun playing it safe.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, August 13, 2010 6:51 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Hmmmm, maybe these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N-MUTEKI-SR48-LUG-NUTS-CHEVROLET-12X1-5-M12-1-5-NEO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aCavalierQQitemZ180539862791QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccess ories

I have them in titanium, but there is nothing wrong with a little color. Spice it up a bit, if you don't like it, do something different. It's no fun playing it safe.

talk about expensive
Friday, August 13, 2010 9:30 AM
those aren't really expensive when it comes to lugnuts

Friday, August 13, 2010 5:10 PM
I like the idea transporter, but i want something closed. i hate seeing the end of studs.

Friday, August 13, 2010 9:22 PM
Are you using longer studs? The lugs are long enough you can't see down into them, you can't see the studs unless you break out the flashlight. They actually stick out of my Z rims a little bit, which I was unsure of at first, but I actually like it.

Jay Van is running those Neo Chrome lugs right now, he has a thread floating around called "Sortaflush"

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:19 PM

rays engineering light weight wheel nuts in blue.

my first set of colored wheel nuts i just painted them with blue metalcast. lasted till i hit them with the impact gun to take them off.

Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:20 PM
i want some titanium looking ones!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Monday, August 30, 2010 5:41 PM
My vote would be neo-chro or black. A "color" wouldn't look bad, but it'd be tricky without the calipers matching them.

Monday, August 30, 2010 10:47 PM
Wizard 117 wrote:

rays engineering light weight wheel nuts in blue.

my first set of colored wheel nuts i just painted them with blue metalcast. lasted till i hit them with the impact gun to take them off.

you painted rays lug nuts? you sick bro just sick lol

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:29 PM
Wizard 117 wrote:

rays engineering light weight wheel nuts in blue..

i have the rays.. i like them but damn are they pricey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, August 30, 2010 11:31 PM

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:38 PM
those are pricey...they look cool though. I think ima just get a 60 dollar set from discount tire.

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:45 PM
oh and my vote is to go black..

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:50 PM
black for sure!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:26 AM
Leave it as is to clean to mess with.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 11:00 AM
the cheap sets lose there color pretty quickly and just look like crap after a while. your better off spending the money and having the color last. or just leaving them be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, September 11, 2010 6:41 PM
are all tuner lugs the same width wise? doesn't make sense to make another thread. tuner lugs are a must w/ the rims that i have. like no room at all for anything else!!!

Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:03 PM
azncav wrote:you painted rays lug nuts? you sick bro just sick lol

i didnt paint my rays, they came blue. i painted my stock ones till i could afford my rays ones

Saturday, September 18, 2010 12:41 PM
02_redbadged wrote:are all tuner lugs the same width wise? doesn't make sense to make another thread. tuner lugs are a must w/ the rims that i have. like no room at all for anything else!!!

i think so...still a good question though.

anyways, this is on hold for a while. i got a blower to put on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search