'99 Pontiac Sunfire - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'99 Pontiac Sunfire
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:01 PM
I just got a '99 Pontiac Sunfire from my uncle as my first car and there is some rust and scratches on it so I have wanted to paint it but I want to do it myself(with dads help) and was wondering if there are any tips or products anybody can recommend. I was also wondering about where to get the bulbs that make you headlights blue or if there is something else that makes them that color. My last question is what other rim size will fit the p195/70r14 because i would like to get a bigger rim and preferably black but it is really hard to find a good selection of rims for a 14 inch 5 bolt.
thanks-
Michael

Re: '99 Pontiac Sunfire
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:05 PM
If you can't get a bigger rim size and keep the diameter the same, i was wondering if there was a way to recalibrate the computer so it would read the speed and odometer right.
Re: '99 Pontiac Sunfire
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:39 PM
I have 17 inch wheels and lower profile tires so the diameter of the wheel and tire is the same but in most cases even if you do increase the diameter it wont be enough to warrant getting the speed sensor recalibrated since it would make the speedo read low by 1 or 2 mph. We arent putting 35s on a Jeep the diameter cant really be changed too much before you start getting rubbing issues in the wheel well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search