Anyone have a Pic for me? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone have a Pic for me?
Friday, September 24, 2010 4:49 PM
Look for a picture of what a 225 tire looks like on a 7" wide rim. Anybody have one?

And I searched for this, but the best guess I got was around 20 lbs, but Does anyone know the exact weight of the LS sport chrome 16's on my 03?

Thanks guys.

Re: Anyone have a Pic for me?
Friday, September 24, 2010 5:14 PM
transporter is running 225's on stock z wheels (at least up front)

Friday, September 24, 2010 5:52 PM
not sure what you really want pics of. these are all 225s on a 7 inch rim. they are all mine.

Friday, September 24, 2010 8:34 PM
Are any of those 17's? I should have mentioned in the first post, I'm just trying to get a feel for what a 225 looks like on a 17 x 7. If I think it looks okay, then I'll 7" wide rim, if not, I'm gonna have to find a 7.5" or 8" that I like, but the 7" wide ones I found I like a lot, so just making sure I'm gonna like the look when the tires mounted.

I don't like side wall stretch, but then again, I'm a huge fan on the "drag tire" look on low profile tires.

Thanks for those pics, they helped a bunch.

Friday, September 24, 2010 8:43 PM
they are 225 45 17's

Friday, September 24, 2010 9:01 PM
Awesome, Thanks! Just what I needed.

Friday, September 24, 2010 9:06 PM
well if you wanted 225's on 17x7's, shoulda asked.

Friday, September 24, 2010 10:57 PM
God I love your car.... Your taste is awesome.

On the subject of taste, can I ask your opinion?
Here's my car:

Here are the details and pics of the three wheels I'm considering. My goal is to have the wheels/tires NOT out weight my LS Chromies. I want them to weight the same or less. or at least as close to it as I can.
The ever popular Motegi SP10's. I know they are overplayed, but I really like them. Plus they are 17 lbs. I was gonna get them in Hyper Black. They are about $550 for just the wheels since I have tires. They are kinda plain though, but, they weight the least, so I'm not sure.

Then there are these Focal F10's. They are the heaviest of the three at 19 lbs. They are however the cheapest, but they are also the "flashiest". I'm not big on multi-colored wheels, but for some reason I like the look of these.

Then I found these, made by a company I've never heard off, Speedy Wheels. They cost about $550 as well, weight 18 lbs, but have the look I like the most. Plus, they are a 17x7.5.

What do you think would look best? I'm torn. I asked my wife, but she doesn't really have an opinion because she's not into this stuff.
Thoughts on each? Does 2 lbs really make a difference on a daily driver? I noticed a huge difference with the Chrome wheels I have, plus chrome's not really my style. It felt like I had 50 more hp after I took off my chrome 17's and put the factory 16's back on. It was really night and day.

Also, I'm dropped on the Koni Sport kit. I'd rather not have any rubbing issues. Just want to add that in.

School me please. I need to learn.

Friday, September 24, 2010 11:08 PM
size and width aren't the only things you need to worry about /. you need to keep in mind the offset your getting also.

Friday, September 24, 2010 11:29 PM
azncav wrote:size and width aren't the only things you need to worry about /. you need to keep in mind the offset your getting also.

what he said, though all your rim choices seem to be 5 lug universal. Make sure you decent sized spacers, Cavaliers have retarded looking rear wheels that go too far into wheel well and just look dumb IMO. Currently a problem im learning to deal with since putting my cav back on steelies.

As for your choices, I like the Motegi SP10s best of the 3, Overplayed, yes, but for a reason. Theres nothing crazy going on with your car, so the simple, clean look (and lightest of the 3) would look best.

Never heard of speedy wheels.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:11 AM
azncav wrote:size and width aren't the only things you need to worry about /. you need to keep in mind the offset your getting also.

Oh yeah I know all about that. The best answer I got when searching for the best offset was +40 is good, +48 is okay, and +35 is okay.
The SP10's are +40, the Focal's are +40 and the Speedy Wheels are +45.

I searched Speedy Wheels and there doesn't seem to be anything bad about them online. A few good things about their customer service, but nothing bad so far.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:17 PM
The higher the offset the more "sucked in" the wheels will be. Im a fan of a 35mm offset on Js.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:46 PM
Strat, what offset are your wheels?

Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:51 PM
i'd have to double check. i want to say 42mm but i'm not 100% sure anymore.

keep in mind though that the big brakes do space the wheels out further than a stock j...

Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:57 PM
Okay, I think I'm gonna grab a set of the SP10's. I think I'm gonna stick with the sleeper/factory look, and stay clean. I really like clean.

Thanks guys.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 11:43 AM
Strat81, did you ever find out what the offset is for those wheels? Also, how much have you lowered your car? I'm considering running the same size wheel / tire combination with my Z24 sitting on H&R sport springs (lowered 1.5 inches from stock), but I'm torn between running a 48 mm offset or a 35 mm offset wheel package. Your wheels fill the fender exactly how I would want mine to.

Thanks!
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:16 PM
i'll be pulling them off in the next day or two so I will double check when I do. car is dropped on tein ss coilovers. probably around a 2" drop or so. keep in mind though, with the big brakes on my car, a high offset will still look relatively flush as they brakes space the wheels out quite a bit.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:22 AM
Sorry to threadjack here, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to bushings. I was looking around at some sway bar bushing / end link sets and wondering what quantities I would have to order? I have the 22mm front FE2 sway bar and I'm wondering which factory bushings / links you typically replace (And how many I would need for replacing the front sway bar bushings and links). I would be looking at the Energy suspension parts. Thanks!
Friday, October 15, 2010 1:02 PM
225/45-17
7" wide rim
42mm offset

Friday, October 15, 2010 1:44 PM

225 45 zr17 I won't lie, i have nooo idea what the offset is.

Poor wittle breaks though

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search