Rubbing Issue - 1997 Z24 - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rubbing Issue - 1997 Z24
Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:35 PM
Hey everyone. I need some advice as to what to do to take care of my rubbing issue. I just put on a set of 17 X 7 MB Boost Wheels with a 38 offset with 225/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza rubber. It seems as though (with only me in the car) the front passenger side tire rubs the spring perch. I have KYB AGX's and H&R Sport Springs (lowered about 1.5 in F/R). I just thought it was odd that only the passenger side was rubbing on the spring perch, any ideas / suggestions? Buy some ghetto washers for the right side for a little extra space? FYI, When driving at highway speeds, I can turn the wheel somewhat hard to the right and the tire noise ceases, but when I turn hard to the left, the noise gets louder. Thanks!

Re: Rubbing Issue - 1997 Z24
Friday, November 12, 2010 12:53 PM
Alright this morning I somewhat bent the perch (nothing scary or detrimental) and still the droning. I then replaced the wheel bearing, and that was it. Anyone have trouble with aftermarket wheels messing up their bearings that quickly or am I just that lucky? : /
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:27 PM
not with the bearings, but the kybsgx's for me have the tire about 7 mm off the tire at most from the spring perch, with stock it was about 20-25 mm off the tire.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:15 AM
most likely you bearing were on their way out.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:48 PM
azncav wrote:most likely you bearing were on their way out.

this. if you only replaced the one, be prepared for the other.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search