Will GTO wheels fit my sunfire? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will GTO wheels fit my sunfire?
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 8:22 PM
Hey guys I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could provide me with some information. I'm looking to buy a new set of wheels so I can have a summer and winter set. I'm very interested in getting the 04-06 GTO 17X8 wheels. Right now I have the 15x6 wheels. If I buy these GTO wheels will they fit without having to do any modifications. Also my car is completely stock.

Thanks in advanced,
Jamie

Re: Will GTO wheels fit my sunfire?
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 8:31 PM
No.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:05 PM
ha, I love the bitter sweet answer. Care to explain why they wont fit? I know I have seen people use aftermarket 17x8 wheels on sunfires running 225/45/17 tires. Which will will have the same exact diameter and radius. The only difference is that the tires slightly wider. So is the reason why you said, "No" because I simply do not have enough width in my tire wells to support those wheels?
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:28 PM
No, they are the wrong bolt pattern. Cavs/Sunfires have a 5x100 bolt pattern and GTOs are 5x120. They physically will not bolt up to the car.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:40 PM
ah that sucks... thanks for the replies guys.
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 9:12 AM
Well depending on offsets and such you could but youd need some hub adapter which most likely will make your car sitting with the wheels way outside of the wheel wells.

Thursday, January 06, 2011 4:37 PM
lol, bolt pattern is key, my friend. But some adapters may work. Look into those and make sure they're not too thick cause it'll throw your wheel offset off, and they may stick out past the fender.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:34 PM
Yeah I didn't realize that they had different bolt patterns. I was like oh 5 lug nuts and Pontiac they must be the same. But little did I know until the reply a little further up. And I don't really want to play around with adapters. So I'll probably pick up a set of aftermarket wheels. Thank you everyone that helped me out on this.
Monday, January 17, 2011 9:41 PM
yes they will
I have zr1 wheels on my car. which means of course you can make gto wheels fit

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search