wheel and tire question - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wheel and tire question
Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:26 PM
I am going to get the 18" verde protocol wheels for my 04 cavalier ls sport and was wondering which tire would be best. The wheel is 7.5 " wide. I was thinking of a 225/40 18 .
Fierce instinct. I can get all 4 wheels and tires for little over $700 . The car is going to be lowered on tokico hp spring and strut combo and i will be be putting in poly bushings and new poly links.
If there is a better tire size that anyone knows about please let me know.

Re: wheel and tire question
Friday, January 21, 2011 4:30 PM
seems about right bro.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:50 PM
sorry to bump this , but i'm getting these wheels and tires within a week and wondered if anybody had pics of 18" wheels with these size tires to compare . My wheels are7.5 inches wide by 18" and was wondering what 215/40 18 vs. 225/40 18
would look like and what my best option would be. I know the difference in speedo , but its hard for me to imagine the difference in look between the 2. I will be lowering it 1.5 " at the same time with tokico hp's and m2 springs if anyone wants to see.

Monday, January 31, 2011 8:46 PM
Is fierce instinct the brand of the tire, god I hope not.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:51 PM
Yes fierce instinct is the brand of tire. They are made by goodyear and we install alot of them at work. They are nice tires, just pretty new and alot of people don't know about them yet.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:03 PM
Todd Haworth wrote:Yes fierce instinct is the brand of tire. They are made by goodyear and we install alot of them at work. They are nice tires, just pretty new and alot of people don't know about them yet.

That makes me feel better, I thought they were going to be some really sketchy brand. I normally keep on the up and up with tires coming out but if the brand doesnt make an R-comp or an extreme performance summer tire I usually over look them.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:30 PM
They cary 3 series of tires. VR series which is a high performance all season tire.(this is the one i'm getting, just cant decide what size yet.)
ZR series which is a UHP tire ,also nice.
And Fierce attitude m/t for trucks.
All of them have rim protectors and the VR and ZR both have a 30K tread-life warranty.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:36 PM
Sorry, i meant im getting the ZR series because they are the UHP ones.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:38 PM
Oh come on, all seasons are no seasons. they suck equally in the winter and the summer (hence the name all seasons I guess). You're going to buy expensive wheels and put all seasons on them? My rule of thumb is that the rubber should always cost more than the wheel. If the wheel is light enough to cost more than the street rubber I plan to put on it then it must be too weak for daily use and should have r-comps mounted to it and be used auto-x/track day only, or if thats not the case then they're too big for the car.

Just saw your last post, good call.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:39 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search