...anyone running Subi wheels ? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
...anyone running Subi wheels ?
Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:30 PM
just wondering what they look like on our cars...any year and diameter Subi wheel, I have heard they fit but have not seen them as of yet that I know of...Thanks folks !!!

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Re: ...anyone running Subi wheels ?
Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:21 PM
the hub bore is smaller on the subaru wheels.

tried wrx wheels on my sedan at one point but they did not fit due to the difference in hub diameters.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:41 PM
strat81 wrote:the hub bore is smaller on the subaru wheels.

tried wrx wheels on my sedan at one point but they did not fit due to the difference in hub diameters.

Same problem with Celica wheels.

Really the only other stock wheel I've an easy time with are the srt-4's I run now.
Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:23 PM
its really not that hard to get the hub bored out to the 57.1 we need....ive seen it done with the tc rims and im sure i can find some with the 04 or older STI BBS rims and whatnot

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car
Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:35 PM
Toyota rim bore is too small, same with subie. Neons and cavs are at least similar enough to run without problems.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, February 20, 2011 2:45 AM
...I know TC wheels will fit if bored...xnxtreme did it on his Sunfire... I may have a free set of STi wheels when I move so thought i'd ask.. I'm not too much a fan fan of SRT-4 wheels....But from what I am getting from this, it is possible as long as the hub on the wheel going on has enough meat to get cut out to our specs.. I did'nt think about Celica wheels.

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:27 AM
Subie changed the bolt patterns on the STIs, so double check to make sure they are 5x100.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:35 AM
Tinkles wrote:Subie changed the bolt patterns on the STIs, so double check to make sure they are 5x100.

not all STIs are 5x114, the 2004 sti is the only year in the Us with the 5x100 pattern

Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:38 AM
Yup just get them opened up abit I'm rocking the tc wheels on mine and I've seen afew withaudi rims around

Modding my j since I found the org
Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:54 AM
I hear ya on the Audi wheels... there was a set of blacked out Jetta or something 18" on craigslist a month ago for 500 but did'nt have the cash then.......I'll be careful to check the bolt pattern.. I have made the mistake of " assuming it'll fit " before...Thanks for the info BTW...Would love to see a set on a J though...would look pretty hot...

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Sunday, February 20, 2011 5:47 PM
honestly, if you're getting a set of bbs sti wheels for free, i'd sell them on nasioc and take your pick of aftermarket wheels. most of the time sti bbs wheels in good shape sell for decent $$

Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:44 PM
There was a guy with a set of the base model wheels.. Forget who though

Monday, February 21, 2011 7:59 PM
strat81 wrote:honestly, if you're getting a set of bbs sti wheels for free, i'd sell them on nasioc and take your pick of aftermarket wheels. most of the time sti bbs wheels in good shape sell for decent $$

yup the 5x100 sti wheels may even net you a nice set of aftermarket wheels in trade.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:50 AM
I hope they fit but I do believe these are off a newer one......I hope so because I'll have a decent trade like you guys said...and I hope they are still there when I move ..if not then I'll be out zero dollars on then and I will come up with another plan

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:20 PM
i think his name was wojo? or something like that, with the blue sedan or coupe

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:23 PM
yup its wojo.!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:10 AM
Hmmmm

Doesn't look right.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:09 PM
I forgot about Wojo. Havent seen him around in awhile. I think they could be pulled off on a lowered car.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:21 PM
azncav wrote:yup its wojo.!

Ahh yes, I knew it was a wojo but the only one I could find was the one with the 00-02 coupe. Haven't seen either of them lately.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:34 AM
Thats the same Wojo. The engine died in the blue sedan IIRC and he bought another members 00-02 coupe that was sexy as fack.

There was that Ty Wojo douche with the 03-05 and the ramming bar. He drove it head on into a tree and the crash bar died help. Everyone mocked him. He left.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:36 PM
they do fit i have them on my 03 u have to get the hud opened up ill post pics

Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:43 PM
green03 wrote:they do fit i have them on my 03 u have to get the hud opened up ill post pics

been stated already and proven. a bit late there buddy.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:52 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Thats the same Wojo. The engine died in the blue sedan IIRC and he bought another members 00-02 coupe that was sexy as fack.

There was that Ty Wojo douche with the 03-05 and the ramming bar. He drove it head on into a tree and the crash bar died help. Everyone mocked him. He left.

Never knew that haha

I remember the bash bar when Ty Wojo built it. The first thing people said was it would crumple over the hood, Pinning it shut. And that's exactly what happened to it .

Monday, February 28, 2011 8:59 AM
VW wheels will fit from certain year Jettas, Golf/GTIs...

some audis too.

Subie wheels, will not fit not just due to center bore size, but also offset. they're generally 8" across, but offset is usually around +48.

One will need new spacers and change center bore to do it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search