Very New to Tires/Rims - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Very New to Tires/Rims
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:48 PM
The Walmart hubcaps just are not doing it anymore! A few friends have had good luck with buying rim and tire packages off eBay so I figured it would be a good place to look. First off I am not really sure what size to get. I feel that the stock 14" rims look way to tiny and don't fit the fender wells very good. I also hear that too big of a tire can lead to uncomfortable rides, so I am not looking for massive wheels. What would you guys recommend for a DD size summer rim/tire? I am thinking somewhere in the 16" area. Also is there anything I should stay away from when buying wheel/tire combos on eBay?

To help with my search could you please answer these for your recommended size:
Section Width:
Aspect Ratio:
Rim Diameter:
Rim Width:
Bolt Pattern:

Re: Very New to Tires/Rims
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:23 PM
I'd suggest searching for 5x100 wheels on craigslist. I would recommend 17"s, the ride is very near stock, but it gives you 1000x the options in wheel choice over 16"s.
Paid 150 for these with good rubber:

500 for these with brand new rubber:

Being patient in your search is worth it, and also search in surrounding cities, not just yours.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:25 PM
2003+ LSS Rims would look ,,,,, They are 205 55 R16 (IIRC).. Rims from any j (88-05) would fit

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:15 AM
Got my eyes on these right now 17" Falken
Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:57 AM
Shane Wellington wrote:Got my eyes on these right now 17" Falken

Those would not be my first choice but if they appeal to you then go for it.

The correct tire size to run is 225/45 on any 17s of common widths (around7")

Your bolt pattern is 5x100

Sunday, April 03, 2011 3:28 PM
Yea they looked good at first but nah, found the ones closest to what I really wanted, all black 5 spoke. TireRack, pretty sure I am going to use 225 instead of 215.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search