Tire Brands... - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tire Brands...
Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:56 PM
I've got some GREAT pricing on these rubbers, but I wanted to know if anyone has any input on any of these tires?

Triangles
Neuton NT5000 extra load
Suntec Sport extra load

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *

Re: Tire Brands...
Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:42 PM
i just had triangles, hated them. I got khumos for about the same price.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:57 PM
Jay..... Get the bfg's I got.... Great grip.... A little bit noisey but grip like no other and pretty cheap.

There is also dunlops, kumhos, and a few others that are very fair priced through tire rack. Ship to the border and pick up.

I find those no name tires really suck overall and it's worth spending the extra 100 for a reputable brand.
Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:58 PM
@Spencer
Khumos eh? Can I ask how much you paid?

@Phil
I know there's a LOT of brands out there which is why it's so difficult to find one at a good price IMO
and if I can get a decently priced tire that performs well, why not save the $100 and put it towards something else?

* More to come *
Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:21 PM
I'm running raptis WR1s. They grip well and I haven't had any issues with them. Real good for the money.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:44 PM
The tread life on my Kumhos is kinda crappy. Ive had them since 07 and only drove on them 6 months out of the year and this is going to be their last summer.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:48 PM
Whats your price range?
Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:15 PM
If you're going to cheap out on parts for your car, do it on something other than tires.

Friday, June 17, 2011 7:15 AM
my are Khumo Ecsta AST's and i paid $98 each for them from Discount Tire loacally, Ive ran khumos in the past and had good luck with them and so have my friends. so i cant say anything bad.

Friday, June 17, 2011 7:18 AM
are you looking for stock tires or custom sizes?

Friday, June 17, 2011 8:21 AM
I have 17 x 7 rims right now running 205 40's and I want to up my size to 225 45
I'm not planning on "cheaping out" but I also dont plan on dropping $1k on a set of rubber
I planned on dropping around $100-$150 per tire
That's what I spent on my last pair of Lexani N3000's and they were decent for the price
I had Falken's before that, and I could definitly notice the difference though

* More to come *

Friday, June 17, 2011 8:41 AM
thats a good budget range, i ended up with $551 out the door with free replacement and lifetime balance.

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:40 AM
Friday, June 17, 2011 6:16 PM
Here's a tire I recommend...

Nice Tire...

Friday, June 17, 2011 6:35 PM
Best tires I've ever used.
Not the priciest either. About $70-$80 a tire.
http://www.maxxis.com/AutomobileLight-Truck/High-Performance/MA-Z1-Victra.aspx
Take a serious look into Maxxis. Research. They really are amazing tires. You will NOT be disappointed. And if you prefer a tire thats a bit longer lasting, look into the MA-V1. I have the Z1's, and man I am just completely blown away by them.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:40 AM
^^I can attest to their downhill bike tires being some of the best in the world
Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:57 PM
Check out Riken Raptors. 300 treadwear but they lasted me 40k with tread to go. They're a Michelin sub brand like Kelly for Goodyear so they're not really a no name

Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:08 PM
i want to keep this convo goin. i decided on getting 225/50/16's ...here is my buying factors: dry performance,tire wear, American made. under $550 for a set. open to suggestions of an all season tire, but i was already thinking of getting a cheap setup to swap for winter. thanks everyone
Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:55 PM
Hankook Ventus V12 evo k110's, $95 each, you won't find a summer tire you'll like better than this. Great grip wet and dry, quiet, and my god are they cheap in your size...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110&partnum=245YR7K110XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I run these in 235/40R18 with my Nex-O's and they're fantastic. With the exception of the Kuhmo's all the tires that have been mentioned so far are pretty much junk.

If you're looking for something with more grip than that but a shorter life, check out Kuhmo Ecsta XS's, very sticky and affordable but they don't last long, but that's what you're looking for when you beat the @!#$ out of tires all year at AutoX events. I like them a bit better than Azenis as they don't overheat as quickly.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:28 PM
yah i was looking at those hankooks. they look solid, and crazy good price! do they wear decently? id like to get 30k out of a set hopefully. i prolly wont make it to an auto x this year, but i race go karts semi professionally and im gonna drive the hell outta these tires on occasion after leaving the kart track how about the yokohama S.drive? similar price on those! is an all season tire a waste of time then if i have high expectations?
Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:34 PM
atomhouse wrote:If you're going to cheap out on parts for your car, do it on something other than tires.

This....

I like Nexen or BFG......

Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:37 PM
I still haven't gotten a good idea how they wear, I was having toe problems for a while that wore through about half their tread in 2 months, but now that I've fixed that they seem to be lasting pretty well. My guess is I could get 25k out of a set of 4, but I drive hard all the time, so most people will see a longer life than that.

A friend of mine with a prelude loves his S.drives, they aren't as grippy as the Hankooks though, but they will last longer.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:59 PM
i definately agree with the importance of a tire!!! i race road karts, our tires are the suspension!!!! I love BFG's. my bro has the gforce ta kdw2's on his redline and those stick great, he scares me every time i ride with him lol but are they seriously gona be worth the extra $165 compared to those hankooks ^ for example? and nexen doesnt make a 225/50/16 performance tire to my knowledge.
Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:03 PM
KDW's are decent, but they are LOUD... annoyingly loud, and I wouldn't say they grip better than the Ventus V12's. A friend of mine had them on his Mach1 and wasn't real impressed with how loud they were.

Sunday, July 17, 2011 3:13 PM
my bro has plenty of miles on his kdw2's and they arent loud at all. i think there's many variables that figure into tire loudness. (actual tire size, pressure,camber etc.) and ultimately tire noise doesnt matter at all to me. performance and tread life trump anything anyone else have some input?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search