3 spokes on a cavy - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3 spokes on a cavy
Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:52 PM
Hey what do you guys think of these on my 04 cavy ls sport coupe?

I can't make up my mind if I like them or not... they are pretty good deal at $150 with some decent tires on them. That should hold me over until I can save up for some nicer wheels / tires...

Re: 3 spokes on a cavy
Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:05 PM
Not so much man for that money you might find some scion rims and have a mech bore the hub to fit the cav.

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:36 PM
yeah im debating still. I just need something to last until winter.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:27 PM
omho steelies look 100x better!

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:55 PM
I would skip those hideous wheels since they'll only set you further back from a decent set

Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:25 PM
Hmmm I think hey are better than the stealies I have on now. Plus they are the rigt size tire. I'm mainly buying them because I need some decent tires and the old lady said we have to wait 4 months or so to drop $700 on new wheels and tires.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:28 PM
They look pretty decent on this honda

Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:43 PM
If I were in your position, if you have decent tire on your stock wheels now, wait until they are close to needing replacing and then buy wheels and tires. That way you'll have a lot of cash for the best possible wheels and tires.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:46 PM
If I were in your position, if you have decent tire on your stock wheels now, wait until they are close to needing replacing and then buy wheels and tires. That way you'll have a lot of cash for the best possible wheels and tires.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:48 PM
I bought the cavy used and it has the wrong size tires on there. The front 2 tires are shot. So I need at least those, but they are the wrong size so ideally 4. 150 is pretty good for 4 decent tires let alone wheels with them.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:49 PM
Jason Sneed wrote:They look pretty decent on this honda

...it does NOT look good.

Also Brian Groza has a good point. Fck having nice rims til you can afford them. No point in spending money on something you will not keep on the car.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:52 PM
I did find these for $200 but they have 225-60-16s on them. Im not sure those will fit and if they do what they will do to my stock brakes.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:12 PM
I would save for a week or two longer. That way you give yourself a better option of wheels.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:58 PM
Those look like LS Sport rims, so they will fit for sure. I should know since I have an LS Sport. The only difference is I believe stock the tire should be 205/50/r16, instead of 225/60/r16, but I use 215/50/r16, so either way, you'll be good. I would rather buy the LS Sport rims then the 3 spoke one, even if you want to save money for better rims. Considering your front 2 are close to being done, maybe you should spend 200, wait until you have good cash, then buy some good stuff. I know you don't like your steelies so that's another option you could do, or just get 2 front tires and wait it out.
Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:51 AM
I got the 225-60-16 tires with 16 American racing wheels. Looks like they clear the spring bottom and they look better than the three spokers haha. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was just seeing a cheap temp option. I only paid $200 for these and the tires look almost new!
Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:53 AM
And they are only a tiney bit heavier than the stealies that are on there now. Thanks for your help!
Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:05 AM
Brian those are not ls sport rims. Those spokes are to narrow. Ls sports have a flat surface on the face. No curving like those pictured. And stock tire size is 205/55/16.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:22 PM
Ya, that's right, my eyes are kind of bad, especially looking at a pic on the computer that I cant blow up.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:21 AM
They looked really good back in 1994 when they came out.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:58 AM
for 150 bucks if the tires are good go for it. can use them till you get new wheels and tires and maybe sell them to someone else for 100 bucks with crappy wore out tires and recoup some of your cash that is like getting tires for 35 bucks a piece.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search