Help with wheel spacers - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with wheel spacers
Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:37 AM
I'm trying to get an idea of how big of a wheel spacer/hub spacer I'll need to get a better stance... I've done a little research, but this stuff still confuses me.

Input is greatly appreciated.

01 z24
Sportline / D-Spec combo
17x7 American racing wheels Offset is +42mm
215/45R17 Fuzion-ZRI

The thing is, I'm 6,000 miles and ~4 months away from my car, so I'm trying to get all the info I can NOW, so when I get back home, I'll know what I'm doing.

Thanks!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Re: Help with wheel spacers
Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:32 PM
anytime you add spacers to a current offset you go down in number. your +42 offset plus a 10mm spacer will net you to a +32offset. as of right now im at a 38mm at front but with a 10mm spacer i end up with 28mm in front.. just to inform you anything more then 5mm i would get extended lugs. IMO for you i would get a set of once inch BOLT on spacers. (no need to extend lugs) thats about 24-25mm.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:16 PM
Am I going to have any side effects using 1in spacers? Wear and tear on my hubs, lugs etc?

Thanks for the info / advice! I was hoping it was going to be you answering me, haha.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:47 AM
Another thing:

All the wheel spacers that I'm looking at are 12x1.5... not 12x1.25... Will this be a problem or should I just make sure to buy 12x1.5 lugs from now on?

Saturday, July 02, 2011 11:31 AM
Bump. Help please?

Saturday, July 02, 2011 11:41 AM
get some of these.. i know another member bought some because of me lol. these are not hubcentric but look to be lugcentric. centering from the lugs themselves.

Your text to link here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 02, 2011 11:44 AM

Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:42 PM
Being lug-centric makes me a little nervous... but they're 1/3 the price of hub-centric ones... hah I'll check 'em out

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:20 PM
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:19 PM
Get some Baer brakes and +35 mm wheels, lol

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:59 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

straight up CUSTOM spacers.

Oh this is just amazing. Thank you!!!

Thursday, July 07, 2011 2:32 PM
How much did you pay Jay?

I got mine from OptionSelects on Ebay, I've very happy with them. $75 shipped.

And you will kill wheel bearings faster than usual, I went through 2 sets last year, haha. But I was racing on them.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Thursday, July 07, 2011 7:57 PM
$220 before shipping. Gotta pay to play! Completely custom to my specs. non bolt on. hub centric to car and hub centric to my Trak Lites.

I did not shop around much. They are quick to respond with emails also! about 2 weeks out for custom spacers.

The other place I would suggest is Adaptec.. but they are on hold right now due to huge orders and stuff being back ordered.

That's why I love my warrantied O'reilly's wheel bearings.....

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:28 PM
Well if I needed custom that would definitely be a good deal, but I was pushing stock wheels out. They are hubcentric spacers though.

I'll have to look into O'reilly's bearings, I have to order them online around here... there aren't any local stores.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, July 15, 2011 7:52 PM
i have 1 1/2" on the back and 1" on the front. had it for the last 4 months like that and now i just put some new 18s on it still with the spacers..
Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:39 AM
benjamin harke wrote:i have 1 1/2" on the back and 1" on the front. had it for the last 4 months like that and now i just put some new 18s on it still with the spacers..

now your stuck with high offset wheels.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:44 AM
Look at how far that front wheel sticks out..... ish. =\

I'd rather sit decently flush

Saturday, July 16, 2011 4:06 PM
i like it lol.. for some reason ive always liked the look of a wider track.. some small flares wouldn't be too awful either.. each to his own i guess
Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:41 PM
You're mexican aren't you....

Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:59 PM
^^^^ hahahahahah i just thought that
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:09 PM
nope last time i checked i was white. the pic makes the look like they stick out more than they do. they are only out about 1/2 inch from the top of the fender. fronts could actually use a 3/4 inch spacer but the backs are perfect imo
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:16 PM
Which makes you exactly 1/2 an inch Mexican.

Monday, July 18, 2011 6:27 PM
wow!! im new to this forum. thanks for being a prick..
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:28 PM

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:26 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:

Hah, this is amazing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search