Help me decide on tires - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me decide on tires
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:02 AM
Hey all...I got a set of 17inch motegi racings rims basically given to me...the tires on it are 205 40 17...they're good but obviously wayyyy to small. I want to keep all my stock suspension and springs so lowering is out of the question.. So i was thinking of like 205 50 17 tires to fill in that sort of gap...let me know and any pics are awesome

Re: Help me decide on tires
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:49 PM
You're on 17s, with no drop and want to throw on thicker tires...

How's that 4x4 status treating you?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:56 PM
thats basically what my post says....i was wondering if anyone runs on 17s without putting in a lowering kit...and what sized tires they use...i see the most popular sizes for 17s is 215 45 or 225 45
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:06 PM
Yeah those are the most popular sizes cause it keeps you speedo accurate or close to.. At 215/45 or 225/45 your keeping you total wheel size the same as factory so again your speedo is accurate now you can run the 215/50 if you want to "fill in the gap" but it's going to up-size your tire throwing your speedo off and actually hurting acceleration probably not enough to notice but food for thought.
Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:51 AM
Look at my profile pic. I know its not the greatest pic but I can' really upload any good pics right now because my laptop is in the repair shop and I am using a rental. If you are on clubcav.com, look for me over there (nt4slechevy) and I have all my pics on there. I have 17" MSW rims with 215/45/17 Fuzion tires. I do have potholes and bumps all over my city and at first my tires were a little rough but once they got broken into, it feels alot better. I am planning on lowering my car next spring but I have yet had a problem with the rims and tires being on my stock car. Might even be able to see my photobucket page....
http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/nt4slechevy/Update%20May%202011/?action=view¤t=IMG_0274.jpg
Friday, August 26, 2011 3:18 AM
this is 17s with 215/45/17's and fully stock suspension. (at least as far as I know)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search