Need Visual Help On Rim Selection - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Visual Help On Rim Selection
Monday, August 01, 2011 11:08 AM
I am looking to purchase a set of 17" Enkei EV5 rims in the hyper black. I own a 99 Z24 and was wondering if anyone had pictures of their own car with these rims on it to post on here so I could get a visual idea of what they would look like on the car. Thank you in advance.

Also with the stock Z24 rim being 16x6 and these rims being 17x7. Will I have any trouble mounting them on the stock set-up of the front and rear wheel wells, example rubbing, not enough space, etc. Will I need spacers or anything? I am looking into suspension alterations for next spring, either coilovers or lowering springs. I think the swap will work just fine and same when I change the suspension parts next spring as the rim isn't too much of a drastic change in dimensons. But any help on if this will be a simple rim switchout is glading received.

Thanks again everyone.

Re: Need Visual Help On Rim Selection
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:57 AM
The thing you have to look into for fitment, is the offset. Stock is -35, so anything around there will be fine.

If you're concerned about what tire size you should go with, check out the sticky.

Oh, and make sure the lug pattern is 5x100.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 5:08 AM
The rim comes in 38mm or 45mm, I am not sure which this specific set is at the moment. But I believe both will work fine on the cavalier hub as I have read around on the forums and the consensus with people is that these offsets will fit.

I have read the sticky on tire size and am well aware that these tires, while not the most ideal, do work with the j-body requirements and have enough tread left for me to get a summer out of them. They are 215/45 R17 with about 50% tread left and are a high grade summer performance tire.
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 7:00 AM
Ooh, and the hub bore size needs to be 57.1mm... or larger and get a hub centric ring.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search