Wire wheels on a 3rd gen J - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wire wheels on a 3rd gen J
Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:03 PM
Has anyone placed wire wheels on a 3rd generation Cavalier? I have been thinking about buying a 2004 Cav and placing dayton 100 spoke wire wheels on it.

Anyways, I'd like to do this to a Cav but not sure if the body style can pull off the clean look with the wire wheels.

I'd like do something like this, possibly to a 4 door.

Re: Wire wheels on a 3rd gen J
Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:21 PM

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car
Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:35 PM
At least in not ricing
Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:22 PM
Please dont...

Sunday, February 20, 2011 2:54 AM
this is a recent build thread in photos and media

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=440277&t=440277#440277

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Sunday, February 20, 2011 7:26 AM
if done right it could look great.

@!#$ the haters.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:51 AM
..just please dont go gold and chrome 13" reverse offset with 155/80-13 white wall ballons with a heavy flake paint job......It just dont look right on a FWD to me...but like bluecavvy said if done right it could look great...haters are gonna hate no matter what you do just go one up and do it right

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:09 AM
I wouldn't do gold wires. I'd probably get my wheels jacked. Thinking about it, even having the silver ones may be asking to get carjacked.

But my main idea right now is the 03-05 refresh with 14 inch silver daytons and maybe a low profile wheel. Not 100% sure if I want to keep the stock tire size or if I will shrink it a bit.
I appreciate Marc's link as it shows me that the 1st refresh doesn't really look good with the wirewheels. IMO the side blinker kills it. It's way too big for the car to be low. I do appreciate the insight.
Monday, February 28, 2011 7:25 PM
if they werent wires people would be giving props on how awesome flush stance it is.

Monday, March 14, 2011 6:12 AM
How do you post a picture??? i have a cavalier on wires i wanna post up...
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:00 AM
05 Cavalier wrote:I wouldn't do gold wires. I'd probably get my wheels jacked. Thinking about it, even having the silver ones may be asking to get carjacked.

But my main idea right now is the 03-05 refresh with 14 inch silver daytons and maybe a low profile wheel. Not 100% sure if I want to keep the stock tire size or if I will shrink it a bit.
I appreciate Marc's link as it shows me that the 1st refresh doesn't really look good with the wirewheels. IMO the side blinker kills it. It's way too big for the car to be low. I do appreciate the insight.

So having a set of $800 wheels on your car makes you think you'll get "jacked"? How old are you, 17? The ain't Menace II Society

"I want Yo Daytons and Yo MothaFukin Stereo, and I'll take a Double Burger wit Cheese"

hahahahahahahaha

Saturday, March 19, 2011 10:34 PM
can i get a double burger....with fries....lmao!!!!.....but it could look nice if done right
Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:05 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:
05 Cavalier wrote:I wouldn't do gold wires. I'd probably get my wheels jacked. Thinking about it, even having the silver ones may be asking to get carjacked.

So having a set of $800 wheels on your car makes you think you'll get "jacked"? How old are you, 17? The ain't Menace II Society

"I want Yo Daytons and Yo MothaFukin Stereo, and I'll take a Double Burger wit Cheese"

hahahahahahahaha

lol. i live in an apartment and my wheels are out there all the time. you will get over it.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 8:28 PM
A coat of wax on the wheels helps a ton when they need to be cleaned again.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:19 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:

hahahahahahahaha

Not necessarily... I'm in SE DC right now and people keep getting their rims stolen off their Vics/Marquis, Chargers, and 300s. Then again they're "donked out" so IDK. I'm 22 and had my radio stolen at least once a year since ive had a car with aftermarket sounds. and yes, i did revive the post to reply to this since i havent had time to be online till now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search