goodyear tire opinions - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
goodyear tire opinions
Saturday, November 05, 2011 10:23 AM
Hey everyone I was just wanting to hear anybodies perspective on Goodyear triple-tread tires. I bought these this summer and really like them for there ability to handle well in dry and wet environments. And being as Calgary, Alberta just got their first snowfall I wanted to know if anyone had experience driving with them in the winter, the snow is pretty much melted off the roads so that's why i don't have my own opinion.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: goodyear tire opinions
Sunday, November 06, 2011 9:03 AM
Living in alberta, I have always bought winter tires for most of my cars I have owned, I have driven some without and after having winter tires, I will not drive without them in the winter. Maybe the first months or last months are fine with all seasons but when we get +30cm/12" of snow, they sure are nice to have. that big dump we got last year in dec or jan, smaller awd suv's(nevermind FWD cars) were getting stuck in unplowed parking lots and side roads and both my wife and my car plowed through everything.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Sunday, November 06, 2011 11:13 AM
The triple treads are the new "all weather" style of tires which means they meet the specs of a winter tire but are also a great year round tire. I bought a set last fall for the sunfire and a set for my HHR, and if I remember right they have a 130,000km wear rating on them. They are great in the snow, much better than an all season tire thats for sure. I drove in that snow calgary and red deer got a couple days ago and I didn't have any issues. They will do just fine for you.

Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:53 PM
they are supposed to be good. they do suffer from uneven wear and a few other issues. They are overall a great tire. The truck version (silent armor) actually gets a snow rating and it is essentially the same design.

Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:51 PM
meh, any tire you drive on in the summer should never be used in the winter and any tire to driv eon in the winter should never be used in the summer. All seasons are no seasons.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search