Talk to me about 9,5 inch wide wheels. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Talk to me about 9,5 inch wide wheels.
Monday, January 30, 2012 3:09 PM
Im in love with these. Theyre Rota D's.

18x9.5 +48 offset. Can it be done without tire stretch and rubbing on the struts? A search didnt get me anywhere. Im not against stretch but the tires on the wheels are decent. But I will beat, bash, cut and molest all of my wheel wells if necessary.

Suspension specs are listed in profile if you need to know.

Re: Talk to me about 9,5 inch wide wheels.
Monday, January 30, 2012 3:34 PM
They look like your old ones without the silver lip.

Gay. Like you.

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:01 PM
Those would look nice on your car + slammed.
Monday, January 30, 2012 4:36 PM
I have 8 inch wide rims and they are within 1/8th of an inch of the spring perch, I would think you would need bags and widebody, possibly a fender roll at the least in the front, might luck out on the rears, what offset?

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:47 PM
get them and sell me the one that are currently on your car!

DOPER.
Monday, January 30, 2012 4:54 PM
225/40/18. maybe? the 18x10s i tested and drove on where a 35offset with 225/40/18s i raised my car just slightly lower then what a sportline drop would be.

i agree with hitting your perches. and you will definitely need to roll the fronts. with the 18x10 and 35 offset i had maybe a half inch from the inner lip of the rim to the shock BODY. Rears were fine. but then again i'm on coils.

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:55 PM
Mike wrote:They look like your old ones without the silver lip.

Gay. Like you.

lol, i <3 mike.

it's otay though brian i <3 u too, and those wheels look awesome i have no advice's to give you but i say go for it.

Monday, January 30, 2012 5:32 PM
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:225/40/18. maybe? the 18x10s i tested and drove on where a 35offset with 225/40/18s i raised my car just slightly lower then what a sportline drop would be.

i agree with hitting your perches. and you will definitely need to roll the fronts. with the 18x10 and 35 offset i had maybe a half inch from the inner lip of the rim to the shock BODY. Rears were fine. but then again i'm on coils.

If theres only a half inch clearance for a 10 inch +35mm then these wouldnt work. Id be hitting the struts without a spacer. Something like 7mm more than whatever youre running which would probably put me way outside of the fenders I think. I dont know hub to fender space though.

Mike, suck my balls.

Jay: No homo <3

RedECO: Theyre actually sold as of right now but Ill keep you in mind if the buyer backs out.

Monday, January 30, 2012 5:36 PM
buy some flares and you would be good to go.

Monday, January 30, 2012 5:51 PM
Honestly, they might look really good on the car.

Monday, January 30, 2012 6:56 PM
I can honestly say Ive never seen flares for a Sunfire. But how much spacing were your running with the 10s?

I think theyd look really good too. Maybe he'll be cool and let me try them on.

Monday, January 30, 2012 7:04 PM
flares for a cavalier would be the same for a fire lol... . spacing? you mean offset? in the pics i had.. i didnt use spacers

Monday, January 30, 2012 7:16 PM
offset is definitely too high to clear the perches without spacers.

roll and pull would be needed as well to clear them.

Monday, January 30, 2012 7:43 PM
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:flares for a cavalier would be the same for a fire lol... . spacing? you mean offset? in the pics i had.. i didnt use spacers

Depends if the fenders are the same. I thought the Cav flares wrapped onto the bumper. Ya I meant spacers.

Thats what I figured Spencer.

Back to the drawing board. Big nasty wheels are on the horizon I hope.

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:05 PM
Nope they don't. Take a look ay my post with the flares.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:30 AM
Do they make those wheels in any other width? I really dont see why you need to run 265s on a daily cavalier. A 7" wheel with 225 would be perfect and you wouldnt have to kill yourself to fit it.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:38 AM
I can pick up an 18x8.5 +35mm offset through Rota for the same price as the CL ad I posted. I wanted the wide wheels for the look. Im in a bit of form over function mood right now. I cant get the lip or concave shape that Ive been wanting with a 7 inch high offset wheel like I have now. It would also be nice to put a little more rubber on the road since Im going to start autocrossing this season (now that I dont live 2 hours from the closest event).

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:44 AM
Well now that auto-xing is in. If you are boosted, you can certainly run a 245 street tire and keep heat in them. Those would get nice on a set of 8.5 or 9 inchers.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:39 PM
have you ever looked into XXR wheels? i would love to see someone put some XXR 526's or some XXR 962 wheels on a cavalier. i think it would be so badass looking,
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:47 PM
check the rulebook for what class you plan on running before choosing a tire width. 245's will likely bump you into a higher class.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:28 PM
Leafy wrote:Well now that auto-xing is in. If you are boosted, you can certainly run a 245 street tire and keep heat in them. Those would get nice on a set of 8.5 or 9 inchers.

Hahaha nah no boost. Stock 2200 with bolt ons in a Sunfire with no sway bars.

I didnt think about the classing. I definitely dont want to be in a higher class than I should be.

Tim I looked at those wheels and theyre not really my style but XXR did have something I like:

Which depresses me a little. Thats a pic of a 20x8.5 with +32 offset. If thats all the lip I can get Im going to be very disappointed.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:53 PM
if you get the right wheels you can get down to a 15-25 offset.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:25 AM
im pretty sure i have more of a lip on my 17x8s. my spokes are not flat like those are though.

Friday, February 03, 2012 3:07 PM
I guess I just need to look around some more and figure out my clearance to my struts and stuff. Ive kinda bumped the wheels down the priority list. Car needs ball joints, tie rod ends and CA bushings before Id pass an AutoX inspection. Gotta get my SRT-4/Saturn swap done too.

Thanks for the help guys.

Monday, February 06, 2012 3:47 PM
By the way, I found the street wheels I want to run. Your text to link here... They wont look good, but its that or 28 pound xxr's or custom 2 piece wheels from England. Its sad that my daily wheels will weight less than my race wheels.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search