What Do You Guys Think ?? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What Do You Guys Think ??
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 4:51 AM
Hey Everyone , I am looking to get a new set of rims for this summer but I would like to know what you guys think about the size and fitment ok First off I will tell what look I am going for , I want wide rims that will give me a Stance look , So i found a nice pair of rims they
are the XXR 527 18X8.75 but the killer is it's a +20 Offset and they only come in that offset for that color here is a picture of them

I currently am running 18x8 +42 with 25mm spacers in the rear , I will be rolling and pulling my fenders and rear 1/4 panel if needed , but the only thing I am worried about is them sticking out to far and making it look like s*** , I know there is a couple of guys on here running
wide rims like 17x9 +30 and they were sticking out , but then again there Chaz with a 19x9.5 +35 Stern ST-1 That fit pretty good , But anyways if you guys can give me your opinion on if i should go for it or look into a different set of rims Thanks

Re: What Do You Guys Think ??
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:14 PM
With your 25mm spacer calculated in the rims you have now are 18x8 +17 offset so with the added width of the new set of 18x8.75 wheels with an offset of +20 the wheel will be 13mm (0.51") closer to your struts on the inside and will be 7mm (0.27") closer to your fenders.
Re: What Do You Guys Think ??
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 8:53 PM

my old set up consisted of
18x8 with a 35mm offset. plus the JEffies 1/2" saturn bracket in back. That had my lip pretty close to where my rear fender lip was. and my front was a 38mm plus a 10mm spacer. which brought me to an effective offsets to
28mm in front and 22.5mm in rear.

go out with a ruler. and measure

from the front lip of your front wheels measure out 22mm then add another 9mm for the added width of the new rims. this will give you and idea where your new wheels will sit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search