Mismatched tires - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mismatched tires
Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:32 PM
Was just wondering what if any the consequences would be of running a pair of 205/55's and a pair of 205/60's. Friend told me it may mess with the ABS or speedometer.
Hoping it wont be long term but really need a pair and these are in my price range (free) . If nothing bad will happen which should be where ? Thanks in advance for any info)

Re: Mismatched tires
Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:30 PM
As long the two fronts are the same size, and the two rears are the same size, you should be ok.

Any tire that isn't factory size is going to throw off the speedo anyway.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:35 PM
if temporary, put a the matched set with the best tread on the rear axle.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:57 PM
Those two sizes are 3/4 " differance in diameter. thats 26 revs per mile. more than a 1/4" differance will usually cause your ABS to malfunction. if you have a low tire warning system it will cause it to go nuts. You spedo will be close enough to not be a problem.
Friday, June 08, 2012 2:18 PM
Thanks for the info...curious to what will happen with the ABS...currently i have none due to a bad rear sensor/bearing but was planning on changing that this weekend.

Friday, June 08, 2012 6:43 PM
It will set a code because it thinks you have a bad senson. It will drive the same as it does with your current bad sensor.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search