Cobalt SS Wheels Will NOT Fit!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cobalt SS Wheels Will NOT Fit!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, September 01, 2008 2:26 AM
flame suit on...so the new malibu wheel will not fit either? My bolt pattern is what again? I have a 04 cavy LS

2004 LS Cavy - everyday driver

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/snakecharmer

www.myspace.com/streetdreamscarclub

Monday, September 01, 2008 7:49 AM
No, they are the same bolt pattern as a Cobalt. I already looked into those because I was thinking they had the 5x115 like the previous Malibu, and I have the NWF and IRS swaps, but it's 5x110.

Your bolt pattern, like every other J-body, is 5x100.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:26 PM
heres a simple answer, if you want wheels that do not fit the 5x100mm bolt pattern you will either have to buy adapters, which they make for any freakin size and bolt pattern, or you have to have your hubs redrilled, however most machine shops will not do it as it is too much of a liability, im getting ready to put some 5x112 vw rims on my car, ill let you know how it goes, im prolly gonna redrill but adapters may work better since my rims are 51 mm backspacing, dont know yet, but they are goin on my car, im not just an idiot who bought rims that dont fit, i did it intentionally just because i liked them and have done this kinda mod before, but i do work in an autobody customs shop, we do this kinda thing all the time, so if you fall in love with a rim but it wont fit your car, make it

dont tell people things cant be done when they are being done, correctly, and safely, by the time this is read, i will have my old worn out hub redrilled just to make sure it works
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:55 AM
justin welto wrote:heres a simple answer, if you want wheels that do not fit the 5x100mm bolt pattern you will either have to buy adapters, which they make for any freakin size and bolt pattern, or you have to have your hubs redrilled, however most machine shops will not do it as it is too much of a liability, im getting ready to put some 5x112 vw rims on my car, ill let you know how it goes, im prolly gonna redrill but adapters may work better since my rims are 51 mm backspacing, dont know yet, but they are goin on my car, im not just an idiot who bought rims that dont fit, i did it intentionally just because i liked them and have done this kinda mod before, but i do work in an autobody customs shop, we do this kinda thing all the time, so if you fall in love with a rim but it wont fit your car, make it

dont tell people things cant be done when they are being done, correctly, and safely, by the time this is read, i will have my old worn out hub redrilled just to make sure it works

Just out of curiosity, are you just on this forum to argue with everyone who says you can't put different bolt pattern wheels on their car?

If you stick around here and read enough, and stop talking like you know everything, you'll realize that we've covered the "anything is possible with enough money and/or work" 100X over, but the answers given are because the people asking aren't at that kind of level in their car modding yet.

By the way you run your mouth, I'm betting you don't have nearly the experience you talk like, but that you work around guys who have, so you know some of the things that can be done, and don't truly understand all of the aspects of that level of mods. You act like you're going to come to the JBO and educate all of us naive ones who don't know that you can do mods like you suggest.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:11 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:
justin welto wrote:heres a simple answer, if you want wheels that do not fit the 5x100mm bolt pattern you will either have to buy adapters, which they make for any freakin size and bolt pattern, or you have to have your hubs redrilled, however most machine shops will not do it as it is too much of a liability, im getting ready to put some 5x112 vw rims on my car, ill let you know how it goes, im prolly gonna redrill but adapters may work better since my rims are 51 mm backspacing, dont know yet, but they are goin on my car, im not just an idiot who bought rims that dont fit, i did it intentionally just because i liked them and have done this kinda mod before, but i do work in an autobody customs shop, we do this kinda thing all the time, so if you fall in love with a rim but it wont fit your car, make it

Just out of curiosity, are you just on this forum to argue with everyone who says you can't put different bolt pattern wheels on their car?

If you stick around here and read enough, and stop talking like you know everything, you'll realize that we've covered the "anything is possible with enough money and/or work" 100X over, but the answers given are because the people asking aren't at that kind of level in their car modding yet.

By the way you run your mouth, I'm betting you don't have nearly the experience you talk like, but that you work around guys who have, so you know some of the things that can be done, and don't truly understand all of the aspects of that level of mods. You act like you're going to come to the JBO and educate all of us naive ones who don't know that you can do mods like you suggest.

WERD!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, May 30, 2011 8:31 PM
wheel adapters 5x100 to 5x110
Monday, May 30, 2011 8:42 PM
WTF?

Revived a almost 3 yr old thread for that?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 5:33 AM
^^ LOL right.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 10:18 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:give it a shot anyway. if they dont fit, take a dremel and widen the holes til it fits

I agree

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Thursday, June 02, 2011 2:43 AM
this just in, they fit!

Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:20 PM
98z24ragtop wrote:LOL. yeah, people, they won't fit. its a damn shame too....

bahahaha, I forgot about this pic and thread... made me laugh at how ridiculously huge these looked with my stock ride height. DONK status...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:19 PM
Nd its a good this the rims in the pic are on the car too. Haha

Stainless steel lines? Who needs them? Just don't brake O.O
Friday, August 31, 2012 10:17 AM
. . . I think they would look pretty cool on a Cav actually . . . of course they are way heavy but for a DD maybe not too big of a deal.

A good machine shop should be able to add the 5 x 100 pattern clocked between the 5 x 110 pattern on the wheel itself. If somebody could get me the actual size of the thru hole and c'bore I can add it to the pic below to see exactly what it should look like.

Friday, August 31, 2012 4:55 PM
Tony Ellis wrote:. . . I think they would look pretty cool on a Cav actually . . . of course they are way heavy but for a DD maybe not too big of a deal.

A good machine shop should be able to add the 5 x 100 pattern clocked between the 5 x 110 pattern on the wheel itself. If somebody could get me the actual size of the thru hole and c'bore I can add it to the pic below to see exactly what it should look like.

It has been done look at Whitez Build Cobalt SS/TC Rims w/Brembo's

Friday, August 31, 2012 6:23 PM
Absolutely great . . . very very nice setup.

He didn't even need to bother with the 100mm . . .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search