Metal Valve Stems - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Metal Valve Stems
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:58 PM
The rubber valve stems that the tire shops put on with ur rims never ever leaked on me til this year which is understandable cuz they never been changed in 3 years but this year all 4 corners leaked from the stem, I recently bought a new set of rims and tires for next spring and my question to u guys is, has anybody here ever use metal valve stems??? and if so, howed they work out for ya? I want to get a set but never seen anyone use or so much as mention them here in Nova Scotia.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Re: Metal Valve Stems
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:39 PM
i dont have them yet, but know lots of people that do, and have never heard anything but good about them. just make sure that you are comfortable with whoever installs then.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:56 AM
I ran them on Enkei OR52's and they're amazing. I do tires every day at work and the rubber stems after a few years just are so brittle, the metal ones only have a rubber gasket and with it not being exposed to the elements lasts much longer, and when you have to replace it, they're usually not too bad price wise. i would recommend replacing the gasket when you get new tires on just to be safe.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:02 PM
K thanks fellaz, I'm lookin for a black set right now

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:09 PM
I have a blue set on my 5Zigens(they came with them). No complaints.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:13 PM
Never had an issue with black rubber stems for 10 years now...

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:16 AM
I hope they work out nice. Just ordered some "flush mount" style metal caps for the new wheels.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:08 PM
I got the metal ones last time out, I like them, no problems.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search