King Goat - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
King Goat
Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:10 PM
König Ziege dose mean king goat but I think it makes more sense as a wheel.

they are 16 x 7 with a 35mm backspace, if my online research matches with what I have. Since Konig only offered these wheels is a few versions.

onto the pictures.

Plan are to clean and maybe refinish the wheels, then swap the tires off my other set of wheels onto these. After that and once the snow stops falling I'll put my Ebiach/KYB combo back in the towers and these new (to me) wheels onto the hubs.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.

Re: King Goat
Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:27 PM
not bad...with the car lowered again they'll look better and all cleaned up. aftermarket wheels/parts just dont look right with fender gap. but thankfully here in southern TX we dont have to worry about winter seasons affecting our car mods all that much

what happened to the wheels in your sig? i like those better even though the new ones arent bad at all

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:32 PM
The ones in my sig are nearly trashed, they look great from far off. But, I am not willing to spend time refinishing them. they also are Eagle Alloys not exactly as good of a brand as the Konigs.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:03 PM
time for an update, encase anyone cares

So I began the painting process, Started simple. Washing the wheels with a scotch bright. That always seems to give me decent results. just a comparison picture to show how much better they look being one color.

After that I bead blasted the centers of the wheels and got the first coats of primer. After a bit of filler these wheels should. look decent.

the boring sanding and leveling to get things flat

and the 'final' coat of primer. on all four

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:22 PM
Now I'm just a few touch ups and a warm weekend away from mounting them.

Yes, white. GM bright white to be exact. The tape is one them just to protect the high edge of the spokes since that is where the majority of the nasty rash was on these wheels.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:43 PM
Love the colour choice!
Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:41 PM
I think it'll work well on the blue car. I'm in the middle of a big storm and finals at my University are soon so I'm not gonna get much done until the next month. Maybe I'll get it done some weekend.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:02 PM

Re-lowered, wheels mounted, I hope it doesn't snow tomorrow

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search