ok so this offset or whatever is so bugging me - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ok so this offset or whatever is so bugging me
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:51 AM
as you ALL here probably know the front wheels on our cars are set out a tad wider then the rears, i cant STAND the look of it, how much is the difference on each side? or total? what size wheel spacers would i need to make the rear equal to the front... will it rub the inside of the fender lip?

anyone ever done this? simply asking for looks and durabilty and driveability

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Re: ok so this offset or whatever is so bugging me
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:08 PM
That is kind of a complex question. So let me get started haha.

1.) J's arent built close to being symmetric. Especially in the rear. In the final iteration of my car I ran 5/8th inch of spacing on the rear. I had about an 3/16 inch difference side to side in the rear and about 1/8th inch of difference side to side on the front. Its not a HUGE difference but I was anal.

2.) The amount of spacing you need and whether it will rub or damage your tires depends on the wheels and offset you run.

Pics are with 17x7.5 +35mm

With stock wheels youre still going to be sunken front and rear.

3.) Its going to be hard to eyeball whats "even". The reason our back wheels look sunken is because the rear beam is actually narrower and the rear wheel wells are deeper to hub face. You can actually stagger wheels quite a bit on a J.

But I digress, I was pretty happy with running 1/2" rear hub spacers that I had on my car before I did rear disc. It just kind of limits how wide you can go if you decide to get larger wheels later on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search