Best available Paint/dip - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best available Paint/dip
Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm working on my 97 cavy, just wondering what would be the best spray paint or dip to use on my stock hub caps . want the paint to stay on for a long period of time ..Looking for black or flat black

Re: Best available Paint/dip
Monday, March 24, 2014 7:06 AM
Ryan M wrote:Hey guys, I'm working on my 97 cavy, just wondering what would be the best spray paint or dip to use on my stock hub caps . want the paint to stay on for a long period of time ..Looking for black or flat black

Since it's just hub caps I would just go to the parts store and buy some primer in a can and then whatever color black you want. They don't get too hot or anything so you shouldn't need any special paint.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: Best available Paint/dip
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:44 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Ryan M wrote:Hey guys, I'm working on my 97 cavy, just wondering what would be the best spray paint or dip to use on my stock hub caps . want the paint to stay on for a long period of time ..Looking for black or flat black

Since it's just hub caps I would just go to the parts store and buy some primer in a can and then whatever color black you want. They don't get too hot or anything so you shouldn't need any special paint.
Agreed. Just sand them very well, and use a decent primer and paint. You should be fine for years if you take your time and do it right.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search