Bassett wheels on a Jbody? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bassett wheels on a Jbody?
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:32 PM
I have been tossing a few ideas around on what kind of look I'm going to go for when I finish up my cavalier, the one I'm leaning towards most is a bare bones, low, stock car look both because I think it would be a cool look and I plan to auto x it so I thought it would fit. I was wondering if anyone had seen or attempted to put bassett wheels on a jbody. I have found some with the same bolt pattern but I'm not sure about the back spacing and hub size.

Re: Bassett wheels on a Jbody?
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:59 PM
I have basset racing wheels on my cavalier, looks awesome.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:05 PM
Like this.
Attachments
IMG_444405907976690.jpeg (89k)

Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:43 AM
it does look awesome! I figured it would. just curious what backspacing, width and height your wheels are. thanks!
Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:58 AM
I know they are 14 x 7 with a 6 inch tire stretched I don't know about the back spacing.
Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:01 AM
Always thought about doing this. Looks awesome.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:25 AM
Well if I did my math right.....

Bassett Racing D-Hole Lightweight Black Powdercoated Wheels
P/N: 47SN4

Wheel, Eight D-Hole Lightweight, Steel, Gloss Black, 14 in. x 7 in., 5 x 100mm, 3.625 in. Backspacing Would be nice for someone to confirm my math...

205/70/14s would fit nicely...Kind of tempting for the price...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:27 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:59 PM
I think on there website they give the backspacing for the wheels, I just wasn't sure how much space there was on the cav, id like to get them in 15's too just so I don't have to have to have a tone of side wall to fill up the wheel well. the price really is great though especially for something if be beating around a track, I've got a set of enkeis from 2002-2003 that still look brand which I would like to keep like that haha. Not sure how the finish would hold up on the bassett's, although they are powder coated so I figure they would hold up well.
Monday, March 03, 2014 3:59 PM
i hate to necropost. i'm new to this website.

i've been trying to get some bassetts for my sunfire. i've been doing alittle too much math on the measurements, and i'm still unsure of what offset to get. i'm thinking 14x8 with 4.5" backspace, but it shows online that they only make them in 4" or 5" bs. i'm going to make a phone call this week and see how precise they can make these rims. i'm really interested in a set of them for sure.
Friday, April 04, 2014 5:29 PM
me again lol. after lots of research and much brain scratching. i finally found my ideal size/backspacing. i purchased 15x8 with 5" backspace, giving +12 offset and a sharp look. the final product looks great! they stick out a few inches in the front, and are nowhere near close to rubbing (factory suspension). i'm running 195/55R15 stretched on the rims. i need the extra tire meat due to road conditions in my town. i figured this would be good information for others whom are interested in steelies for their j-body. enjoy!

Monday, April 07, 2014 5:20 AM
Why did you go with such a small tire? The proper size would have been a 225/55. The 195/55 is almost 1 1/2" shorter than the factory tire height, and would have fit the 8" wide rim much better.

Monday, April 07, 2014 4:33 PM
the 225/55 series tire would rub the fender well when i steer. i already did the math. plus i like the stretched look of a 195mm tire on 8" steelie. i also did it because i do what i want.
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:02 AM
thanks for figuring this out and posting, i like the look. I'm more partial to low pros myself but with these wheels you have to go a little big, and i figure with the drop front and back I'm going to do it will look fill the wheel-well nice. But like you said to each their own
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 3:36 AM
HOLY HELLAFLUSH BATMAN ,WTF ! DUDE DROP THAT BIOTCH ,NO I MEAN SERIOUSLY !

BLACKMANTIS
Friday, August 08, 2014 3:08 AM
WOOOOW! That looks beautiful!
Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:54 PM
thanks! i love these wheels. i accidentally hit a curb pretty hard with the lip of one, lifted the car right up onto the curb too. only damage was a small scratch in the paint. these things are strong!

and what do you mean by drop it??

Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:55 PM
rolling up to curbs took some getting used to lol. i plan on getting a really meaty wide tire next spring. stance it right out like the 15" wide superswampers on my truck or something like that lol.

this pic was took the day i received them from summit racing. its got a bit of offset.

-

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search