Tire Size/Wheel FAQ - Page 3 - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tire Size/Wheel FAQ
Friday, September 07, 2007 2:37 PM
Dave Dunsmoor wrote:
cavyaddict wrote:
sappyL61 wrote:the link in her for the offsets dont work

what he said

That was posted before Dave.org changed the way archives were done. The new link is

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=42&i=10331&t=10331&arch=1

The information in that link is not good. (broken)

Saturday, October 06, 2007 2:13 AM
Anyone have the chart Stock Tire Size: 205/55/16 from the first page? It says the graphic has been deleted from ImageShack.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:12 AM
FYI none of the Eclipse patters will fit GM they are all ford style patterns from 90-04.

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 6:44 PM
Ok this may sound like a newb question. I have the stock wheels on my 1995 Sunfire. They are 195/70/14. I found a set of 4 semi new tires they are 15" and they came off a Grand AM, not sure what year. The guy wants 50 bucks for all four, would that be a good deal? And would they fit my car?

"All men are created equal, only a select few become firefighters"
Friday, January 30, 2009 8:04 AM
For 16 inch rims a 225/50R16 is the exact same height as the 205/55R16 just wider, and readily available, even wal-mart stocks them in a H speed rated tire!

The first number in the tire is the section width in mm, second number is the aspect ratio third is the rim size. To figure out the section width in inches, 25mm is equal to 1 inch, easy way to remember this is 1 quarter is equal to 1 inch and is 25 cents! So a 225 is 9 inches wide. To keep the tire size close or even possibly the same height just remember when the section with goes up the aspect ratio needs to go down.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:47 PM
Hub bore is exactly that, the hole in the center of the tire for it to slide onto the hub.... aftermarket wheels come with "universal" big drilled out holes (and use adapter rings- to fit correctly).

toyotaz87 wrote:

No scions in the wheel size list? I think the tC wheels fit J's...

Scion TC's have a smaller hub bore..... same wheel pattern though. So unless you want to get some scion TC wheels and drill out the center of those nice new wheels, you're out of luck

This link doesn't have wheel offsets, it does show hub bores and lug patterns though.
Stock Wheel Lug Pattern Matcher
Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:22 AM
Richard K wrote:This link doesn't have wheel offsets, it does show hub bores and lug patterns though.
Stock Wheel Lug Pattern Matcher

That's a useful link Rich. Thanks.

'00 Sunfire GT Ragtop
Black of course...it's faster.
Sunday, May 06, 2012 10:46 AM
Running an '02 Cav in UCAR circle track racing... have to run 14" oem steel wheel, currently on a 6" wide wheel. Curious if there are any 6.5 to 7" wide steel wheels that would fit the Cav.

Broke the center out of a wheel racing this weekend, so thinking I'd try to upgrade the replacement.

Thanks in advance... will post the same in "Racing" Forum.

Keith
Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:40 PM
Ok, I looked thru this whole thread and didn't see my answer. I haven't looked on the inside of my stock wheels yet so I don't know. What is the offset of the stock wheels on my 1987 z24??
Friday, August 08, 2014 11:05 PM
Doesn't help when old links are broken..
Sunday, April 24, 2016 9:12 AM
the factory wheel weights for jbos were left out in the list...how convenient for a sticky...lol

Sunday, April 24, 2016 10:41 AM
I would also have to say what stock wheels weigh would be good to tell vs what you are about to put on your car included in the list should be stock steel wheels as well as all aluminum wheels in all the sizes on all j-body cars not just the common ones...
Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:14 PM
Dalton Cole wrote:Doesn't help when old links are broken..

Although some of those links and tools are not working, DiscountTire and Tirerack still some of the most reliable tools around and they got good articles too!
Couple of guys here even take advantage of some tire and wheel package, some with free mounting and balancing like:
https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/ Wheel_and_Tire_Packages.cfm
http://4wheelonline.com/TruckWheels.1180
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search