Tyres for Hillclimb and Track days (Pilot Sport Cup 2, Toyo R888R?) - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tyres for Hillclimb and Track days (Pilot Sport Cup 2, Toyo R888R?)
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:54 AM
I'm going to be doing some hill climbs with my MKIV R32 over the next few months (spring/summer where I live) and want to get something a bit stickier than my street tyres. I have two sets of wheels so I'm ok with switching tyres out for the track days.

The hillclimbs are around 60 second runs and the track days will only be a few 10-15 minute sessions throughout the day so just need them to be grippy for a couple fast laps. In Australia the temps could be anywhere from 30C to even 40C (86F-104F).

My question is what are you guys using these days? Has anyone got any feed back on the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 or Toyo R888R? I know the Yokohama A050 are probably the best but they're double the cost of almost all other options.

I don't care how they work in the rain or how loud they are. I want good, sticky tyres!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8863305-Tyres-for-Hillclimb-and-Track-days-(Pilot-Sport-Cup-2-Toyo-R888R-)&s=d14ecaa780a6b08cc2e4fef8eff683fb

marketing campaign examples

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search