Tires for my Chevy Cavalier - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tires for my Chevy Cavalier
Friday, August 31, 2018 5:34 AM
I am looking for a set of street tires for my 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe. Is anyone here familiar with Toyo Tires' Proxes A18? Any other suggestions?

Re: Tires for my Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, September 01, 2018 3:43 AM
I bought a set of Douglas Performance 205/55R16 tires at Wal Mart for under $50.00 each for my 92 Z24. I think the total bill was less than $250.00. These are made by Goodyear here in the US. They are decent tires with good grip, wet or dry. They ride well, don't make too much noise and were certainly a great bargain.
You can see the tires in this thread:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=42&i=48938&t=48938

I'm going to buy another set in 205/60R15 for my wagon. There really is no need to buy expensive ultra high performance tires for a Cavalier, unless you have done some very serious power/handling modifications to your car.
It of course is your money, I'm just offering my two cents worth.
Saturday, September 01, 2018 3:55 AM
Oh, and if you need All Season tires, Douglas makes them too, around the same price as the Performance. Just check the Wal Mart site for size and pricing.
Saturday, October 06, 2018 5:27 AM
Did you ever get a set of tires?
I just bought a second set of the Douglas Performance tires (205/60r15) for the wagon. $281.26 out the door.
Wednesday, November 07, 2018 5:17 AM
butch nackley wrote:I bought a set of Douglas Performance 205/55R16 tires at Wal Mart for under $50.00 each for my 92 Z24. I think the total bill was less than $250.00. These are made by Goodyear here in the US. They are decent tires with good grip, wet or dry. They ride well, don't make too much noise and were certainly a great bargain.
You can see the tires in this thread:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=42&i=48938&t=48938

I'm going to buy another set in 205/60R15 for my wagon. There really is no need to buy expensive ultra high performance tires for a Cavalier, unless you have done some very serious power/handling modifications to your car.
It of course is your money, I'm just offering my two cents worth.

That's a good deal for a decent set of tires.
Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:23 AM
What tires did you end up buying?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search