Offset question - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Offset question
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:56 PM
Yes i did read the FAQ. And i know sunfire offset is 5x100. However, a buddy of mine wants to give me his old rims as a gift since his parents just got him some lexani rims for his birthday. But they are 5x114.3 offset. Is there an adaptor i can use to make them fit?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Offset question
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:04 PM
FYI, 5X100 is not an offset that is the lug pattern. and i dont think there is an adapter for that but i dont know for sure, i am sure someone else will answer that
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:05 AM
right 5x100 is a lug pattern. offset would be like 35mm, 42mm, 48mm etc.....

is there an adaptor? probably but i wouldnt use it. i dont trust them and i think its more of a hassle then just getting the right rims

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:49 AM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]right 5x100 is a lug pattern. offset would be like 35mm, 42mm, 48mm etc.....

is there an adaptor? probably but i wouldnt use it. i dont trust them and i think its more of a hassle then just getting the right rims

Right rims is one thing, but im getting them for free. So if so, i would like to try to get them to work.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:50 AM
i understand that but i wouldnt trust adaptors

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:52 AM
If you still want to use them after being warned, just search on Ebay. You need ones that change bolt pattern from 5x100 to 5x114.3 (4.5). Goodluck with it.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:13 AM
Seems like an adapter would exist, but I agree with Bagged about trusting them. It also seems like the wheel would undoubtedly stick out the length of the adapter.

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:50 PM
Derek724 wrote:Seems like an adapter would exist, but I agree with Bagged about trusting them. It also seems like the wheel would undoubtedly stick out the length of the adapter.

Thats fine with me, wider stance is better anyway.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:52 PM
not to meantion shearing off studs

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:59 PM
El Fuego ( the grounded one ) wrote:
Derek724 wrote:Seems like an adapter would exist, but I agree with Bagged about trusting them. It also seems like the wheel would undoubtedly stick out the length of the adapter.

Thats fine with me, wider stance is better anyway.

If that's the case then you need to talk to a shop and get the needed part (if it does exist).

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:28 PM
Can we here from some people that have actually broken adapters please. Ive been running mine for a long time through some pretty crazy driving (canyon runs, etc). I also just totalled the cav by having someone on the freeway spin me off the freeway, over the curb on the side and into the ditch. The adapters are the only things that are still good. The rims literally broke in half.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:29 PM
You might want to look at this site, WheelAdapters.com
They say they will make any adapter, any size, etc.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search