Need some advice.... - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some advice....
Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:06 PM
So I'm looking at buying these 15" rims in red:

but my question is what tires would be best for these? I live in San Antonio, TX soooo no snow/ice. But I need stellar performance in dry and wet conditions. Also a tire that can be under inflated a lil to give me more contact path. Basically I need an Auto-x tire eventhough it'll just be a DD. Thanks for any and all help.

Re: Need some advice....
Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:04 PM
I don't have any real experience with auto cross, but I do know that you would be better to have a light weight rim that is a little bigger, with a lower profile tire that will not flex as much, don't you?

please correct me if I am wrong
this is for a j-body right?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:01 PM
Autocross tires should generally have less sidewall. Keeps the rubber from <insert technical term here> "twisting" (so the patch of rubber that has contact with the ground is moving at a slower rate than the rest of the tire, almost trying to stay in place from all the friction). 17" is ideal for a J or similar car to avoid too much sidewall, but 16" works well, too. Bigger works better, but anything over 18" looks absolutely ridiculous IMO.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, June 27, 2008 4:27 PM
cool thx for all the info! So far I'm pretty sure imma go with 15's and the reg 195/65/15 tire size since I dont actually auto-x and that would go with the look im shooting for. maybe 16's but more than likely ill stick with the 15's. any suggestions for the tires?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search