Tires Been Looking Low - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tires Been Looking Low
Monday, June 30, 2008 4:53 PM
When I bought the car they put on new tires as part of the purchase deal, which are Nexen N5000's, and I just did a tire pressure check today, and one of the front ones was at 22 PSI, whereas the other one was at 30. The two rear tires were both at about 25, and as such I wanted to put them up a bit. I checked my door panel to see what the recommended pressure was, and my damned sticker was missing. I checked the owners manual as well, and it says to check the door sticker :\

The maximum tire pressure on these tires, which are on the 16" LS Sport rims, is 44PSI. My brother and my sisters boyfriend were both saying that it would be fine to put them up to 44, but I thought that seemed a bit high and stopped at 40PSI all around. This still seems a little high, and I'm just wondering what the recommended tire pressure is/what I should be at.

I'm expecting it's probably a bit lower than what I have them at now. I also know this has probably been gone over a few times, but for some reason the search function isn't working correctly at the moment for me :\ Thanks for any help.

Fusion 9 Design // For all your web design needs!

Re: Tires Been Looking Low
Monday, June 30, 2008 5:02 PM
Monday, June 30, 2008 7:38 PM
I air up my tires at 32 PSI Cold. I have Nexen N3000s.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Monday, June 30, 2008 9:37 PM
tag would say 30,

I usually run 32 cold all 4 corners,

this is on factory 16's.

I think with the 17's I will likely run 34 ish, just to give a little less sidewall flex

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:08 AM
theres are another type of threads that come up all the time. basically what it comes down to is your brother and sisters boyfriend are idiots. filling them up to the max is not a very smart idea. average tire pressure should be around 32-35.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 1:25 PM
Stock tires is 30. Normally, you'll see avg's in the 32. When going to a smaller sidewall, you might wanna bump it up to 35 or so. I run 32 (cold) in the 16's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:53 PM
Thanks guys. Tomorrow when there's a break in the business at the restaurant I'll bleed my tires out to about 32PSI. I knew that they were most likely wrong, and that I could count on you guys

Thanks.

Fusion 9 Design // For all your web design needs!
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:56 PM
35 or 40

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 8:45 PM
you never want to fill up your tires to the max cols because when you drive around on them and get on the highway the heat creates pressure and increases pressure the longer you drive, also on hotter days its worse. So if you put the max in and then drive on the highway for a while your exceeding the recommended pressure.

Monday, July 14, 2008 4:17 PM
14", 16", or 17" wheels on my car were always kept at 35. For the few auto x's I did they were bumped to 40.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:21 AM
well, the 44 max psi is at a specific wheight on each tire... if you can figure out how much the car weighs devide by 4 and then compare to the spec on the tire you should get the right psi. or you could just listen to everyone else, which is much easier. ha 32 psi through 38 psi should be optimal for normal driving.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search