Cig Lighter removal to put in GPS - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cig Lighter removal to put in GPS
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:47 AM
justin smith wrote:dang cavie freak those pro clips look awesome. i already ordered the velcro. it is made especially for hot weather so the sticky doesn't come undone. the stuff will work i am pretty sure of it. its the strongest velcro ever and i read a review of someone doing the same thing i am and it worked awesome for them. thanks again for your tips though.

Trust me on this one that @!#$ won't work on the dashpad. Been there done that with other things. But if you think its the uber strongest stickiest @!#$ ever known to man then be my guest and try but you will just be in here asking more stupid questions and ignoring good advice in no time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:48 AM

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:12 AM
Cavie Freak aka E-Thug wrote:
justin smith wrote:dang cavie freak those pro clips look awesome. i already ordered the velcro. it is made especially for hot weather so the sticky doesn't come undone. the stuff will work i am pretty sure of it. its the strongest velcro ever and i read a review of someone doing the same thing i am and it worked awesome for them. thanks again for your tips though.

Trust me on this one that @!#$ won't work on the dashpad. Been there done that with other things. But if you think its the uber strongest stickiest @!#$ ever known to man then be my guest and try but you will just be in here asking more stupid questions and ignoring good advice in no time.

This is all he ever does.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:24 AM
WELL I CANCELED THAT ORDER AND GOT THIS THING:

http://www.amazon.com/Bracketron-PHV-202-BL-Mobile-Device-Holder/dp/B001B2PPYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277310519&sr=8-1

it was even cheaper than that short strips of velcro and it looks like it will do a great job. the last picture on the site shows exactly what my gps looks like.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:28 AM
Jesus... they give you a suction cup to stick it to the window...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:40 AM
zdoubledozen [ Matt wrote:]This...

or this..

Fiberglass how to... google.com... time and lots of sanding.

that first pic looks pretty sick. is there anything special you have to do for behind the gps? like how did you stop air from coming in to the back of it?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:41 AM
zdoubledozen [ Matt wrote:]This...

or this..

Fiberglass how to... google.com... time and lots of sanding.

that first pic looks pretty sick. is there anything special you have to do for behind the gps? like how did you stop air from coming in to the back of it?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:41 AM
oops sorry somehow double posted
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:46 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Jesus... they give you a suction cup to stick it to the window...

it does not work...it falls down every 2 seconds and nearly causes an accident everytime it does because it scares the crap out of me.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:29 AM
justin smith wrote:WELL I CANCELED THAT ORDER AND GOT THIS THING:

http://www.amazon.com/Bracketron-PHV-202-BL-Mobile-Device-Holder/dp/B001B2PPYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277310519&sr=8-1

it was even cheaper than that short strips of velcro and it looks like it will do a great job. the last picture on the site shows exactly what my gps looks like.

Seriously you have got to be the biggest @!#$ moron in the world. Just as the velcro those are complete @!#$ crap. You really need to do us all a favor and go play in the middle of a highway. You ask for advise we give it and you ignore it. Go @!#$ die in a fire you worthless piece of @!#$. I agree with what is said in AG your mother should have swallowed and the best part of you dripped down your mothers leg.

Just for fun a nice face palm

Also the oh so famous

justin smith wrote:
Transporter7220 wrote:Jesus... they give you a suction cup to stick it to the window...

it does not work...it falls down every 2 seconds and nearly causes an accident everytime it does because it scares the crap out of me.

Oh and clean the suction cup and window really good. Moisten the suction cup and reapply. That will make it stick again and stop being a jumpy little bitch. /thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:31 AM

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:58 AM
i tried the clean window and suction cup, but it still does it.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:03 PM
Then stop being a jumpy bitch and deal with it.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:08 PM

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:18 PM
justin smith wrote:

Step 1: Ask Doctor for prescription for Prozac
Step 2: Re-apply suction cup to window

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:22 PM
Chris MacDougall wrote:

You pull the ducting and dont use that setting.

J03Y wrote:I could do the bezel or a custom pod for you, but it would require you sending me your bezel and GPS

But that deal is too good to be true.

What ever happened to picking up and reading a map?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:28 PM
justin smith wrote:i tried the clean window and suction cup, but it still does it.

Funny I drove for about 2 hours today with mine today and guess what didn't fall a single time. It is parked in the sun right now and is still stuck to the window. You must have a child safety suction cup and can't figure it out.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:06 PM
he has hitch hiker thumb

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:49 PM
Tinkles wrote:What ever happened to picking up and reading a map?

I thought the same thing until I borrowed a friend of mines GPS for the drive out to the Bash last year, I'll never go back

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:49 PM
Cody Star wrote:he has hitch hiker thumb

fuking LOL.

I had to go back and look.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:57 PM
J03Y wrote:
Cody Star wrote:he has hitch hiker thumb

fuking LOL.

I had to go back and look.

It was his last great mod

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:00 PM
yeah I remember just printing from google maps where i wanted to go and i thought i didnt need a gps. but if you get lost, your out of luck. with a gps, you almost always have a signal and can get back to any destination you want to with ease. it is such a great tool.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:46 PM
justin smith wrote:yeah I remember just printing from google maps where i wanted to go and i thought i didnt need a gps. but if you get lost, your out of luck. with a gps, you almost always have a signal and can get back to any destination you want to with ease. it is such a great tool.

Just know where the @!#$ our going and don't be afraid to ask directions and you will be fine.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:47 PM
justin smith wrote:yeah I remember just printing from google maps where i wanted to go and i thought i didnt need a gps. but if you get lost, your out of luck. with a gps, you almost always have a signal and can get back to any destination you want to with ease. it is such a great tool.

Just know where the @!#$ our going and don't be afraid to ask directions and you will be fine.

hes asked for direction here already ... hasnt got to far with that lol.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:19 PM
i have an 03 cavalier which i think all of the windows are contoured. i know it was a huge pain to install my rear window and front window tint myself, and i think that is why my suction cup doesn't grip right. oh well, if the velcro stuff doesn't work, i will just keep it where my storage area is, no big deal.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:20 PM
azncav wrote:

hes asked for direction here already ... hasnt got to far with that lol.

This is true he has a listening problem. Or its just that he is a @!#$ moron.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:23 PM
justin smith wrote:i have an 03 cavalier which i think all of the windows are contoured. i know it was a huge pain to install my rear window and front window tint myself, and i think that is why my suction cup doesn't grip right. oh well, if the velcro stuff doesn't work, i will just keep it where my storage area is, no big deal.

Your not supposed to tint your windshield. Its illegal, oh well. And once again. LET THE PROFESSIONALS MOD YOUR CAR.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search