paint question - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
paint question
Thursday, July 01, 2010 5:36 PM
quick question, I want to paint my dash bezel body color soon, and i want to keep the texture on this piece, what sandpaper grit would you recommend to properly scuff the piece before i primer , paint and clear it? Thanks

Re: paint question
Thursday, July 01, 2010 5:50 PM
Krylon Fusion paint will work fine on plastic if you dont want the smooth look. It doesn't require priming. Spray and cure.

You may find a close body colour match. There's a lot of colour's to choose from.

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

Quote:

When working with plastic
For old plastic, use an ammonia-based cleaner and wipe down to clean surface. If the plastic is new, wipe down with paint thinner for best results. Lightly sand glossy surface if previously painted and remove dust with a tack cloth. When dry, apply KrylonŽ Fusion for Plastic according to the directions on the can.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 01, 2010 5:52 PM

Saturday, July 03, 2010 9:03 AM
zdoubledozen [ Matt wrote:]Krylon Fusion paint will work fine on plastic if you dont want the smooth look. It doesn't require priming. Spray and cure.

You may find a close body colour match. There's a lot of colour's to choose from.

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

Quote:

When working with plastic
For old plastic, use an ammonia-based cleaner and wipe down to clean surface. If the plastic is new, wipe down with paint thinner for best results. Lightly sand glossy surface if previously painted and remove dust with a tack cloth. When dry, apply KrylonŽ Fusion for Plastic according to the directions on the can.

I'm with him.. that's what I used.. sprayed on a few lights coats of that then cleared it really well. It's been almost 2 years and it's held up great.

Best pic I can get atm because I'm at work (don't mind the dust):

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 5:44 PM
yeah, krylon is the shizz.

doesn't chip and its pretty hard to scratch, pretty good choice for the $$

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search