How to fold down rear seat on sunfire... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to fold down rear seat on sunfire...
Friday, July 09, 2010 10:24 AM
I was trolling the yard the other day looking for jetta parts and came across a late model sunfire with the 60/40 rear seat.

I could not find any latches to put the seat down from the interior so I could get the trunk open...?
Also no battery, so trunk release is useless and there was no lever on the floor next to the driver seat like
my old fire had.

Is the seat release in the trunk?

"forcast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius and a chance of doom"

Re: How to fold down rear seat on sunfire...
Friday, July 09, 2010 10:46 AM
If its anything like the 3rd gen cavaliers, there are looped straps in the trunk you have to pull down, then push the seats forward

Friday, July 09, 2010 4:35 PM
that's exactly how it is

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, July 09, 2010 4:52 PM
Cavaclysmic wrote:If its anything like the 3rd gen cavaliers, there are looped straps in the trunk you have to pull down, then push the seats forward

95-2002 had the full folding seat, and had a strap you pull from the inside of the passenger compartment.

03-05 had two straps in the rear for their corresponding sides.

all are third gens.. you make it sound like 03-05 is the only 3rd gen, this is not true.

it only changed for MY2003-end of production.

Friday, July 09, 2010 4:57 PM
Hmmm one more reason to swap to a Sunfire interior

Friday, July 09, 2010 5:03 PM
Mike Demo (Civic Eater) wrote:Hmmm one more reason to swap to a Sunfire interior

all jbodies from 2003-2005 had 60/40 split rear

Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:28 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:
Cavaclysmic wrote:If its anything like the 3rd gen cavaliers, there are looped straps in the trunk you have to pull down, then push the seats forward

95-2002 had the full folding seat, and had a strap you pull from the inside of the passenger compartment.

03-05 had two straps in the rear for their corresponding sides.

all are third gens.. you make it sound like 03-05 is the only 3rd gen, this is not true.

it only changed for MY2003-end of production.

you're right, that isnt true,

Im honestly not too familiar with the '95-'99s, I've owned a '96 'fire and an '01 cav, both of which had the rear seat broken for some reason, never locked into place; they would fall if you went over a bump hard enough.

Monday, July 12, 2010 4:49 AM
so, how does one open the trunk/fold down the seat from outside the trunk?

"forcast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius and a chance of doom"

Monday, July 12, 2010 7:12 AM
drvnkd wrote:so, how does one open the trunk/fold down the seat from outside the trunk?

you will need to bring a charged battery and hook the car up to it to pop the trunk, in order to get into the trunk or fold down the seats... if they do not have a key to manually open the trunk.

Friday, July 16, 2010 6:43 AM
Miss Jazer wrote:
drvnkd wrote:so, how does one open the trunk/fold down the seat from outside the trunk?

you will need to bring a charged battery and hook the car up to it to pop the trunk, in order to get into the trunk or fold down the seats... if they do not have a key to manually open the trunk.

That works but a crow bar is more fun

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:15 AM
you could slice the wires for the trunk popper and hit it with a 9v battery. my buddy did that on his mercury topaz anyway.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search