dash crack replacement - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dash crack replacement
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 6:11 PM
any one know where i can get a replacement upper dash piece. Mine is badly cracked, I dont want to replace it with the GM one since i know they make aftermarket ones that last longer. I had a link for an aftermarket one awhile ago but have accidently deleted it and can no longer find the site. Any help?

Re: dash crack replacement
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 6:23 PM
It is a part of the whole dash unit itself.

You will need to remove everything down to the dash frame.

There is a replacement cover, But it's expensive for what it is..

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 6:49 PM
I think im going to make a carbon fiber overlay for that area, I think it would look sick, cracking seems to be a very common issue, thankfully mine hasnt cracked yet

if it can't win a race it better win a show
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 8:33 PM
Coverlay sells them. For the Cav's that is.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:08 PM
would that ebay overlay fit on a 2001 cavalier dash. Not really sure if they are different but i have a 2001. Thanks for the help
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 7:16 PM
Ya that fits all of the cavs. If it's like mine it's pretty solid, and will last a long time. Paintable too.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 7:35 PM
1fast 2point3 wrote:I think im going to make a carbon fiber overlay for that area, I think it would look sick, cracking seems to be a very common issue, thankfully mine hasnt cracked yet

I too am toying with this idea.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 7:35 PM
they all crack. it's just a common thing, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:22 PM
jschristian44 wrote:they all crack. it's just a common thing, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

no they dont.. my 96 hasnt even began to crack. i thought you left? you even sent me a PM saying so

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:51 PM
From what Ive read the 95-96's don't crack, a little sturdier

Get one of these from a parts car, buy the pricy dash pad cover or get creative.

Mine has 2 nice ones on the drivers side, not horribly noticeable, will deal with it when it starts to bug me.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 11:01 PM
azncav wrote:
jschristian44 wrote:they all crack. it's just a common thing, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

no they dont.. my 96 hasnt even began to crack. i thought you left? you even sent me a PM saying so

^^LMAO he never gives up

Thursday, July 08, 2010 7:37 AM
WE can make a CF cover for them for $135 shipped

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Thursday, July 08, 2010 7:51 AM
Mike Steezenberg wrote:From what Ive read the 95-96's don't crack, a little sturdier

Get one of these from a parts car, buy the pricy dash pad cover or get creative.

Mine has 2 nice ones on the drivers side, not horribly noticeable, will deal with it when it starts to bug me.

its got nothing to do with the year of the car. simply just how much the car has been jolted during its driving life. it is a common thing on all year cavaliers

Thursday, July 08, 2010 11:13 AM
Mike wrote:
Mike Steezenberg wrote:From what Ive read the 95-96's don't crack, a little sturdier

its got nothing to do with the year of the car. simply just how much the car has been jolted during its driving life. it is a common thing on all year cavaliers

Good to know, I just remember in some thread, I think it was the "best year of cavalier to get" thread there was a large amount of people who claimed there 95s and some 96s hadn't cracked, and the only one I have seen with my own eyes that wasn't cracked was a 95, so I figured it was valid.

Makes more sense that its all the same and is just relevant to wear and tear, my mistake.

Thursday, July 08, 2010 8:34 PM
Yeah they all crack although my girls 96 vert hasn't cracked, but my 99 z parts car is cracked, and my DD 00 z is cracked pretty badly. These aftermarket ones, do they jus snap on over or do u still need to remove the whole dash?

Thursday, July 08, 2010 11:44 PM
snap on i believe. but if you ever replace your dash. just dont over tighten the screws like GM did, thats the main reason for the cracking. cheap plastic lol. my original dash in my vert was cracked. i said forget it and went sunfire

Friday, July 09, 2010 9:24 AM
thats a damn expensive piece of plastic to cover up something I have seen on like EVERY cavalier. I will probably give in though, because the dash mat I have covering it is starting to piss me off.

Friday, July 09, 2010 2:05 PM
mine isn't cracked that bad so im not worried about it. my sister had a 97 cavalier though and it was cracked in like 10 different places literally.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search