Painting interior, need some opinions - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Painting interior, need some opinions
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 8:41 PM
Ok, so I'm going to be doing my interior soon including headliner, rear deck, and replacing the carpet. My current interior is Tan so that's what I have to work with. As much as I would want to replace the dash to a graphite one it really isn't an option at this time. I'm planning to work with the tan interior and make it two tone. I like the stock-ish look so it's not gonna be like orange or red or anything. Going for either a graphite or black with tan.

I had my gf do some quick photoshops so I wanted to see what u guys think.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 2 was with the top painted black instead of tan. I think it looks odd.

The paint would flow all the way through the back with the body line. Headliner will end up being suede and the rear deck as well. The color's not perfect as it's just a quick chop but you get the idea.

Thanks for any help

Re: Painting interior, need some opinions
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:20 AM
I'd recommend option one, but take out the cloth inserts and replace them with suede. Also paint the thing where the radio goes. The dash bezel or whatever its called. It looks out of place.
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:15 AM
option 1, definitely a nice, clean look. Dunno if you were replace the cloth, but it would definitely add to the clean look. Keep those pics coming!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:18 AM
1. 2 doesnt work with the colors of the dash and doors being flip flopped. makes it look like your working on it but havnt changed the dash our yet. or doors depending on how you look at it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:56 AM

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:09 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:#1

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 3:24 PM

And replace the cloth inserts in the door panels.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 7:14 PM
Thanks guys. #1 seemed like the best choice for me too. I'm just buying stuff right now to get this started! Door panel inserts will be suede most likely, so that's an upgrade as well Now do I dye the vinyl dash pad, or wrap in suede... hmmm.....

Thursday, July 08, 2010 8:38 PM
05 Cavalier wrote:I'd recommend option one, but take out the cloth inserts and replace them with suede. Also paint the thing where the radio goes. The dash bezel or whatever its called. It looks out of place.

Friday, July 09, 2010 2:37 PM
by the way very nice photoshopping. everytime i try to change a color i get tons of specks everywhere or it bleeds too much through it. how'd she get it to turn out so well? wish i knew how to do that.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:54 AM
I have no idea. I haven't played that much with photoshop. She youtubes how-to videos lol. The color's not perfect but you get the idea.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 12:40 PM
check out what i did to my car using corel paint shop and youtube tutorial

Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:37 AM

i like mike's version better

Sunday, July 11, 2010 8:40 PM
#1 for sure. The dash bezel is going to be the tricky part. I think it looks odd on two-tones when the bezel matches the top or the bottom, but the only other option would be color matching it to the car, and I'm not sure how the silver will work with the grey/tan combo. It might look more out of place.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search