Where can i buy New carpet? - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Where can i buy New carpet?
Monday, June 07, 2010 7:52 PM
a+ have convertible carpet?

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 6:09 AM
No carpet available specifically for the convertible... sorry.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, June 11, 2010 7:32 AM
Joey Baggs (Eazy716) wrote:
Rezalas wrote:how sad, http://www.stockinteriors.com/ doesn't have anything for the 2005 sunfire

should be the same as any cav or fire from 95-05

Unless you own a convertible - then you are up crap creek unless you want to shell out mega $ for a replacement OEM capret (which I'm not even sure GM even produces anymore).

Trust me, while a number of aftermarket carpet firms catalog replacement carpets for the 3rd gen verts, if you order any (as I have) what you end up receiving is a standard coupe version.

And that's a problem - they don't fit properly because the floor pan area in the verts is shaped differently than that of the coupes, due to the additional structural bracing in the car. The fit issue is particularly bad in the rear seat footwell areas. The exterior side corners there in the vert floorpan are very sharp and deep and no matter how well the carpet is molded, the coupe sized ones bunch up terribly in those corners, leaving you with big, ugly folds of excess material that can't be steamed or heated out. The rear seat ledge is also different in the verts and the coupe carpets are too short to completely cover the exposed sections of it.
Friday, June 11, 2010 6:36 PM
im about to buy from this place on ebay, i emailed him several times and he insists that it is for the convertible floor pan. user id "lonestarcarparts"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190330864260&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Friday, June 11, 2010 6:58 PM
whats different about the vert carpet?

i got new gm a couple years ago, was spendy but IMO well worth it. it fit absolutely perfect as far as size goes and the color was a 100% authetic match.

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Friday, June 11, 2010 7:06 PM
the thickness and rise of the thresholds and backseat areas are very different.
Monday, June 14, 2010 12:51 PM
Spencer wrote:im about to buy from this place on ebay, i emailed him several times and he insists that it is for the convertible floor pan. user id "lonestarcarparts"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190330864260&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

You may want to contact that seller again (he's a wholesaler, not a manufacturer) and ask him where they source their carpets from. If they won't tell you or say they don't know, walk away. If they tell you it's from Trim Parts, also walk away. That company is the only actual auto carpet manufacturer I've found that not only catalogs a 3rd Gen Cav/Fire convertible version but will adamantly claim when contacted that it is made from an actual 3rd Gen vert floor pan.

Well, I ordered it...and can confirm it is not as advertised and is clearly molded from a coupe pan. Per what Spencer cited above, the so-called "vert" carpet TrimParts sent me was completely off around the thresholds and especially the back seat .
Monday, June 14, 2010 11:55 PM
well i havent purchased it yet, i didnt want to go the spray dye route but its looking more like im going to have to.
Friday, June 18, 2010 9:34 AM
well he deals with Trim Parts and ACC. I told him your experiences with Trim Parts. He apparently contacted one of the manufacturers. Here the response i got.

Dear stargazer7467,

I just verified with the manufacturer that this is correct for the convertible. They have a separate mold for the coupe

- lonestarcarparts
Monday, July 12, 2010 11:35 AM
Spencer wrote:well he deals with Trim Parts and ACC. I told him your experiences with Trim Parts. He apparently contacted one of the manufacturers. Here the response i got.

Dear stargazer7467,

I just verified with the manufacturer that this is correct for the convertible. They have a separate mold for the coupe

- lonestarcarparts

Still leaves me confused and skeptical: search 3rd gen Cavalier or Sunfire carpet on the AAC website and what comes back is a listing for a single universal sedan/coupe carpet, with the notation DOES NOT FIT CONVERTIBLE .

And again, whatever floor pan Trim Parts is using to make their so-called 3rd Gen 'vert carpet definitely didn't come from a 3rd gen vert. As mentioned previously, the fit of the "vert" carpet they sent me -- especially around the thresholds and rear seat shelf - was way, way off. It was clearly too wide, which suggests it was made from either a coupe or sedan pan.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search