Had to do my interior! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Had to do my interior!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:03 PM
Well guys I decided to start working on my interior since theres nothing to do exterior wise at the moment. I was able to completely do the dash and center console today. Havent finished with the door panels yet. Im thinking about doing the speaker areas on the bottom of the doors black. I only had the time to do the first layer of paint for the doors-as you can see the paint isnt even here and there unlike the dash and center console which is finished. I will finish them tomorrow then clean the interior.

Re: Had to do my interior!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:20 PM

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:25 PM
02cavcruzin wrote:

Drinking all that haterade makes you sick doesnt it? Thats why I dont drink that nasty stuff. Take some medicine, come back here tomorrow night and you'll be all better.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:28 PM
Just giving you a hard time.
I'm not really a fan of painted interior, I think its ricey.
Thats just me though,do whatever you like.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:31 PM
what did you cover the dash in? it looks like it's just sitting on top of the dash?
and also what kind of seats are those?

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:35 PM
02cavcruzin wrote:Just giving you a hard time.
I'm not really a fan of painted interior, I think its ricey.
Thats just me though,do whatever you like.

Haha its all good man. Personally I only think its ricey when people do the vents and door handles only. Ive never been a fan of it either until I noticed what time and dedication can do like other members of the org. Its not done yet but Im trying to make good progress.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:36 PM
blucavvy wrote:what did you cover the dash in? it looks like it's just sitting on top of the dash?

Looks like one of those cheap ebay dash mats, and some random seat covers.

I have to say this isn't looking good at all.

Did you even take off the window cranks? It doesn't look like you did.

Who knows maybe Im jumping the gun and this will turn out decent but I doubt it.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:40 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:
blucavvy wrote:what did you cover the dash in? it looks like it's just sitting on top of the dash?

Looks like one of those cheap ebay dash mats, and some random seat covers.

I have to say this isn't looking good at all.

Did you even take off the window cranks? It doesn't look like you did.

Who knows maybe Im jumping the gun and this will turn out decent but I doubt it.

Maybe thats where the dash mat came from. Its been with the car since I got it so Im not sure. Its ok for you to doubt but its the end result where you eat your words that is the best. No interior can look great in a time span of 4 hours. If its possible Id like some proof.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:11 PM
Hey man, good luck with that. Did you put any clearcoat over that center dash piece?? And with the doors, i would have done it the opposite way, just bc when my doors were painted they kept getting scuffed and such from my shoes. Then finally i just did them black, and after that you could barely notice them. Goodluck tho, and clearcoat is the best thing you could add ontop of the rest of the stuff.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:11 PM
maybe not 4 but this is what mine looked like with about 6 hours..

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:35 AM
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:maybe not 4 but this is what mine looked like with about 6 hours..

Looks good bro!

What I meant by 4 hours also includes the doors, entire center console and passenger side of the dash not just the driver side of the dash and cupholders.

For 6 hours though it still looks very good!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:09 AM
-1 for A/t. sorry.

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:41 AM
I can't see passed the oversprayed and dry silver paint

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:10 AM
Personally i would have had the exterior paint finished before ricing out the interior.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:34 AM
rebuilt97cavy wrote:
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:maybe not 4 but this is what mine looked like with about 6 hours..

Looks good bro!

What I meant by 4 hours also includes the doors, entire center console and passenger side of the dash not just the driver side of the dash and cupholders.

For 6 hours though it still looks very good!

Why did you not just take your time doing this? You will end up redoing it if you want it to look good. Sorry but it looks terrible.

Not talking about arrival by the way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:35 AM

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:52 PM
Tinkles wrote:Personally i would have had the exterior paint finished before ricing out the interior.

What do you mean have the exterior finished? Does the pic below not show its finished?

I was able to work on my interior more today and this is the result-not fully done-but for the most part. Tomorrow Ill get black floormats, paint the white part of the doors to match the exterior paint and do the door handles blue along with part of the center console. This paint is close enough to the exterior paint so I went the blue and black theme.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:03 PM
All that overspray........

Why arent you taking everything out to paint?

Honestly this is halfassed at best right now and thats being generous.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:11 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:All that overspray........

Why arent you taking everything out to paint?

Honestly this is halfassed at best right now and thats being generous.

Overspray? Please point that out. As a matter of fact I have some pics for you let me upload them.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:19 PM

Isatchmoeyou, I did take out the pieces now stop talking out of your ass and let me see what you got to show.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:28 PM
rebuilt97cavy wrote:
Tinkles wrote:Personally i would have had the exterior paint finished before ricing out the interior.

What do you mean have the exterior finished? Does the pic below not show its finished?

Right there. Blue car & white overs pray door jams = piss poor paint job. Not to mention the black over spray over the white over spray.

180hp in 1989 or 260hp in 2008, you decide. Quad < Ecotec
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:31 PM
Tinkles wrote:
rebuilt97cavy wrote:

Right there. Blue car & white overs pray door jams = piss poor paint job. Not to mention the black over spray over the white over spray.

Tinkles my car was white so of course the door jambs are going to be white. Like I said, Im going to have them painted tomorrow. Are you too ignorant to not read that?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:41 PM
rebuilt97cavy wrote:
Tinkles my car was white so of course the door jambs are going to be white. Like I said, Im going to have them painted tomorrow. Are you too ignorant to not read that?

All the interior rice hurt my eyes and made it difficult to read words. BTW, any painter worth a damn would paint the jams 1st. I helped paint a buddies car in another friends garage and guess what got paint 1st? Yep, the jams.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:49 PM
Tinkles wrote:
rebuilt97cavy wrote:

All the interior rice hurt my eyes and made it difficult to read words. BTW, any painter worth a damn would paint the jams 1st. I helped paint a buddies car in another friends garage and guess what got paint 1st? Yep, the jams.

So you just basically admitted you dont like it when people do their interiors....then why the hell are you even visiting this thread? Lack of common sense? If you want to find a reason to act tough then over the net is not the right way to go. Why dont you run along to the outside world and criticize people for stupid reasons now. So you painted the jambs first, big deal, at least I have the respect and am a decent person to respect everybody's work and not find stupid things to try to take their credit. I dont need to do that to feel good about myself. Im proud of my work and nobody can change that.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:04 PM
rebuilt97cavy wrote:
So you just basically admitted you dont like it when people do their interiors....then why the hell are you even visiting this thread? Lack of common sense?

Sheer boredom. That's all.

Acting tough? Nope, just pointing out that more effort could have been put into it. Im also not admitting anything, my interior isnt 100% stock either. But i did put more effort/care into my one interior mod than you did with your whole interior. The pics prove it.

I dont give a @!#$ about respect. I never hold back anything, just ask anyone.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:17 PM
Tinkles wrote:
rebuilt97cavy wrote:
So you just basically admitted you dont like it when people do their interiors....then why the hell are you even visiting this thread? Lack of common sense?

Sheer boredom. That's all.

Acting tough? Nope, just pointing out that more effort could have been put into it. Im also not admitting anything, my interior isnt 100% stock either. But i did put more effort/care into my one interior mod than you did with your whole interior. The pics prove it.

I dont give a @!#$ about respect. I never hold back anything, just ask anyone.

First off effort is put into my car, Ive done EVERYTHING to it except the exhaust system. Thats a nice opinion to have for yourself but how can you compare your effort and passion to mine when Im obviously doing a lot more and going the extra mile for a custom look. One mod doesnt mean anything and will never get you anywhere no matter if its exterior, interior or performance. You need to keep pushing the limits. I can see you dont care for respect but hey all it shows is that Im not a troubled person who doesnt need to be an ass to people for self esteem issues. Ask anyone? Lol yeah sure Im going to go asking people about you like your friends whos garage you used to paint your other friends car. Ok tinkles our conversation is over, I need feedback from people who actually have worthy opinions about my interior and not about a stupid door jamb. Go ahead and reply with something stupid again if you'd like, I find it hilarious!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search